Return to Index  

AEMGB - Sunderland III

April 22 2012 at 6:08 PM

(Login fredcoulson)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 120.148.66.38

Well I started the Sunderland on the weekend, and a large amount of sanding to reduce the effect of the rivets, which are quite finely done.

Most of the work has been on the flight deck of the kit, which I have decided to scratch built. This is the progress to date. Currently working on the seats for the pilot and co-pilot

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

I have a distortion issue I will have to overcome, before its installed

Also worked on one of the engines and here it is on the left with the original kit on the right.

[linked image]
[linked image]

It took a while to remove the old moulded in engine and do some reshaping of the collector ring. The replacement Pegasus is from Engines & Things, whilst the prop and its boss is from the spares and originated from an MPM Wellington.

I was originally going to use the kit decals, but they are not 100%, and they are not accurate for the kit in the box. To do DD867, I would have to add the ASV Yaggi aerials and not install the top turret.

I am looking at a French Aeronavale Sunderland III, Dakar 1943 which would be DSG/SG/Sky but I am not sure if it had French or British Roundels on top of the wing. Certainly the fuselage was French Aeronavale.

More brain work ahead

Thanks for looking

Fred

Respond to this message   
Responses

HyperScale's Group Build Guidelines

The objective of this Group Build is to encourage as many modellers as possible to build their kits and share their progress via words and photos on this Forum.

You are welcome to post general construction tips or relevant reference information and photos to this Forum too.

This Group Build will feature Airfix, Frog and Matchbox kits.

1. Build as many kits as you like

2. Conversions, aftermarket and scratchbuilding are all permitted.

3. Any markings are acceptable.

4. Document your progress and do a write-up on your build - where did you have trouble, what improvements did you make, what markings did you choose and why? It would be GREAT if everyone would do a writeup and submit it to HyperScale as a Feature Article.

Posting or replying to messages on The Group Build Forum requires visitors to register. If you have not already registered on one of HyperScale's other Forums, you will need to:

1. First register with Network 54, the Forum provider.Click here to register with Network 54.

2. Then, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

free counters