Return to Index  

P-40 finished - a quickie from the new Airfix kit.

June 25 2012 at 8:18 PM
Graham Carter  (Login gcarter17)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 124.183.163.26

This was one of those models that screamed 'build me!' when I opened the box a few weeks ago - so I did. Not wanting a Flying Tiger I decided to model one of the early RAF ones and cobbled together some decals from the spares heap - I know the codes are 30" and not 24" but they were all I could find (have since discovered that some Pommy company has just released a sheet for this particular aeroplane - wouldn't that rot your cotton socks?).
This is one sweet kit - no filler and only a little fettling where the front of the wings meet the fuselage. Brush painted with Agama dark green , Humbrol 29 on top and Airfix M8 underneath. Just a clean finish, and the canopy is a treat, thin and crystal clear. I loved this build and will try to get a couple more, hoe you like it too.
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
Now back to the Halibags and hopefully some work on the Firefly.

Respond to this message   
Responses

HyperScale's Group Build Guidelines

The objective of this Group Build is to encourage as many modellers as possible to build their kits and share their progress via words and photos on this Forum.

You are welcome to post general construction tips or relevant reference information and photos to this Forum too.

This Group Build will feature Airfix, Frog and Matchbox kits.

1. Build as many kits as you like

2. Conversions, aftermarket and scratchbuilding are all permitted.

3. Any markings are acceptable.

4. Document your progress and do a write-up on your build - where did you have trouble, what improvements did you make, what markings did you choose and why? It would be GREAT if everyone would do a writeup and submit it to HyperScale as a Feature Article.

Posting or replying to messages on The Group Build Forum requires visitors to register. If you have not already registered on one of HyperScale's other Forums, you will need to:

1. First register with Network 54, the Forum provider.Click here to register with Network 54.

2. Then, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

free counters