Return to Index  

AMEGB: a shot in the dark : the Canberra B (I) 8 in 1/72 – part 4

June 28 2012 at 8:15 AM
  (Login cavigi)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 188.219.173.210

Hi, dear airfixers
I am still modelling notwithstanding the call of the good season.
I tested the airfix decals on another model, a Revell B (I) 8, suitably painted silver and decaled as a SAAF airplane. (clikky http://www.network54.com/Forum/644810/message/1340053406/)

In the past I had mixed results with the decals of other Airfix kits, i.e. I found hawful decals in the spitfire IX, excellent ones in the F86. I am happy to say those of the Canberra are OK, hence I will use them for the 16th sqn RAF. From a search on the IT, I gather the decal portrais an old 3rd sqd aircraft passed to 16th sq in 1972. She was not repainted in DSG/DG/MSG polyurethane and remained in the old scheme with the high speed silver. The overall look should be rather weathered.

In the meantime I made further progress in detailing the tip tanks:

PGPhoto.jpg
Da Airfix kits

And finally started air brushing the high speed silver (with Tamyia spray can):

PGPhoto.jpg
Da Airfix kits

And the dark sea grey. Before airbrushing I had to laid down an extensive masking. I airbrushed first a extra dark sea grey layer and then airbrushed the lighter DSG inside each panel, so that a sort of weathering is obtained:

PGPhoto.jpg
Da Airfix kits

PGPhoto.jpg
Da Airfix kits

P1100196.JPG
Da Airfix kits

More masking is ahead before I could spray the dark green..
It is a long way to completion: more time to enjoy modelling
Cheers
Luigi

Respond to this message   
Responses

HyperScale's Group Build Guidelines

The objective of this Group Build is to encourage as many modellers as possible to build their kits and share their progress via words and photos on this Forum.

You are welcome to post general construction tips or relevant reference information and photos to this Forum too.

This Group Build will feature Airfix, Frog and Matchbox kits.

1. Build as many kits as you like

2. Conversions, aftermarket and scratchbuilding are all permitted.

3. Any markings are acceptable.

4. Document your progress and do a write-up on your build - where did you have trouble, what improvements did you make, what markings did you choose and why? It would be GREAT if everyone would do a writeup and submit it to HyperScale as a Feature Article.

Posting or replying to messages on The Group Build Forum requires visitors to register. If you have not already registered on one of HyperScale's other Forums, you will need to:

1. First register with Network 54, the Forum provider.Click here to register with Network 54.

2. Then, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

free counters