Return to Index  

OOB Canberra B(I)8 - finished (Image heavy)

July 18 2012 at 1:24 PM
Stuart H  (Login STINGRAY78)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 81.152.123.128

Hi everyone, I'm calling this one done happy.gif

It's nowhere near a show winner, but I like how it's turned out.

Built strictly from the box using Airfix's colour call outs (apart from the under surface). No aftermarket or scratchbuilding.

I needed something to get me out of the modelling lull I was in and when I found this on Ebay for £8.50 +P&P I went for it.

It seems that both myself and Luigi have chosen the same option. Sorry Luigi, I finished first happy.gifhappy.gif.

On to the pictures.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG].

Hu163 & 164 for the top colours, with various Alclad shades below.

A few close ups.

I added a few black stripes to the AS30's to break up the white, the bombs were painted Hu195 and then dry brushed with Hu113.

This was a pleasant build, no major pitfalls, as long as you do alot of dryfitting and fettling. I've also learn't a few more lessons along the way.

Now all I've got to do is decide what to do next. I should try and finish this.

But I'm expecting the new tool Skyhawk tommorrow, to go with my already aquired P-51D & Bf 109 E-4, so who knows.

Hope you like what you see and thanks for looking.

All comments and critiques are welcome.

All the best.

Stu

"How often do you guys go on a bender ?
This isn't a bender, this is night time!"

Air America

This message has been edited by STINGRAY78 from IP address 81.152.123.128 on Jul 18, 2012 1:25 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

HyperScale's Group Build Guidelines

The objective of this Group Build is to encourage as many modellers as possible to build their kits and share their progress via words and photos on this Forum.

You are welcome to post general construction tips or relevant reference information and photos to this Forum too.

This Group Build will feature Airfix, Frog and Matchbox kits.

1. Build as many kits as you like

2. Conversions, aftermarket and scratchbuilding are all permitted.

3. Any markings are acceptable.

4. Document your progress and do a write-up on your build - where did you have trouble, what improvements did you make, what markings did you choose and why? It would be GREAT if everyone would do a writeup and submit it to HyperScale as a Feature Article.

Posting or replying to messages on The Group Build Forum requires visitors to register. If you have not already registered on one of HyperScale's other Forums, you will need to:

1. First register with Network 54, the Forum provider.Click here to register with Network 54.

2. Then, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

free counters