Return to Index  

TSR-2 - something different

July 21 2012 at 8:29 PM
  (Login STINGRAY78)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 81.152.123.128

In a few recent posts I've shown a build I've had on the back burner for a while, the infamous TSR-2 in 1/72.
I started this over a year ago, it was supposed to be a simple OOB project, but after assembley, I was left with a major rescribe (not my best talent), so it sat on
the shelf of doom for many months.
I've just finished my first OOB build (Canberra) in a long time and I thought the TSR-2 would be an ideal second.
I started with this.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG].

It looks very cartoony, but inside the box is a full TSR-2 kit with excellent decals (not that I need them).

I've got the Xtradecal sheet X72059 (9 different A/C) and have aleady decided wich option I'm going to do. ( by the way, I 've nearly got enough kits
to do the whole sheet)

As this was going to be OOB, I followed Airfix's instruction and colour call outs to assemble the cockpits.

And very soon I had the A/C assembled.

By dryfitting and checkng the fit I was able to minimise the amount of filler used.

Canopy on, and masked.

I decided to build this with almost everything closed, as the A/C was usually shown (gear doors, bombay). However this turned out to be a nightmare, as nothing fitted.
Lots of filling and sanding resulted in this.

The repair to the bombay doors was my fault, to much clamp pressure, it should'nt be a problem.

And finally, my attempt at rescribing. I use Radu's Scribe-R products (recommended), various templates, and Dymo tape.

I'm OK on the flat surfaces, not so good on the curves.

The green Frog tape is only there to give the camera something to focus on.

Photographing white is B**tard.

Tonight I've managed to spray the first of 3 colours, hopefully tomorrow, the second colour will be applied.

Thanks for looking.

Stu

"How often do you guys go on a bender ?
This isn't a bender, this is night time!"

Air America

Respond to this message   
Responses

HyperScale's Group Build Guidelines

The objective of this Group Build is to encourage as many modellers as possible to build their kits and share their progress via words and photos on this Forum.

You are welcome to post general construction tips or relevant reference information and photos to this Forum too.

This Group Build will feature Airfix, Frog and Matchbox kits.

1. Build as many kits as you like

2. Conversions, aftermarket and scratchbuilding are all permitted.

3. Any markings are acceptable.

4. Document your progress and do a write-up on your build - where did you have trouble, what improvements did you make, what markings did you choose and why? It would be GREAT if everyone would do a writeup and submit it to HyperScale as a Feature Article.

Posting or replying to messages on The Group Build Forum requires visitors to register. If you have not already registered on one of HyperScale's other Forums, you will need to:

1. First register with Network 54, the Forum provider.Click here to register with Network 54.

2. Then, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

free counters