<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

My 2011 Airfix Builds

December 30 2011 at 11:53 AM
  (Login Greg7AC)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 98.168.147.252

About half the models I finished in 2011 were Airfix kits.

For the War at Night Group Build

The Hawker Hurricane MkI NF, which I started for the Airfix BoB GB, screwed up the half and half paint job on the belly and revamped it for War at Night. Anti-glare panels were from sheet stock. Aftermarket decals.

[linked image]

The F4U4N prototype night fighter. Remind me never to do a one off aircraft again. Rocket launching stubs from sheet stock, radar dome from Fujimi F4U5N cut down to proper size, magnetic stand.

[linked image]

The WIFF Westland Whirlwind MKI NF. This just seemed like a lost opportunity for the RAF. Remove the 4 cannon from the nose and replace them with radar, save some weight by removing two of the cannon and fit just two behind the cockpit firing obliquely. Voila! One kicking nightfighter. Radar antenna from a P-70, hypodermic needles converted to strange music cannons. Real fun in a WIFF.

[linked image]

For the My First Airfix Kit Group Build

The Sikorsky HRS, my first Airfix Helicopter, straight out of the box.

[linked image]

The Corythosaurus, my first Airfix dinosaur. Literally used a tube of putty to hide the seams, NOT kidding.

[linked image]

The P-51 Mustang, which WAS my first Airfix kit. Sanded smooth, etched in some basic panel lines, used a stolen Testors cockpit, aftermarket decals, magnetic stand.

[linked image]

For the Pacific Theater Group Build

The Chi-Ha tank, quick and dirty out of the box build. 1/76 is SMALL for a tank.

[linked image]

The Curtiss P-40C, finished yesterday. Great kit, I bought 3 more!

[linked image]

That's all, folks!

Greg in OK

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login nemicissim0)
HyperScale Forums

Beautiful output!

December 30 2011, 12:04 PM 

Mustang and Hurricane are my favorites.

Respond to this message   

(Login BristolBeaufort)
HyperScale Forums

Great subjects too!

December 30 2011, 4:47 PM 

I like the subjects - really interesting. here's a to a Happy New Year! tally ho. Jonathan

Respond to this message   

(Login ffirefighter13)
HyperScale Forums

Aircraft, armour, dinosaurs.....

December 31 2011, 10:10 AM 

Nice eclectic collection Greg. While the Mustang is excellent, I 'really' like what you did to the Whirlwing fighter!

Another three P-40s! Sales of that kit alone must have made Airfix rich!

Cheers, Vic

Respond to this message   

(Login Allan31)
HyperScale Forums

Good year of fun Greg.............

December 31 2011, 11:58 AM 

I wish now I didn't post my builds so soon.
Looking forward to seeing what you come with in 2012.

Thanks,
Allan

Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery.

Multiple Mosquito Build, 1/72: Intro Part 1 Part 1.5 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Fini

Fathers Day A6M2: Intro Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Finish

Airfix Stuka 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Finish

Airfix Hurricane 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Finish

Airfix Orion III: Build Tutorial Finish

Respond to this message   

(Login eazyprinz)
HyperScale Forums

Excellent production Greg

January 1 2012, 6:41 PM 

Love the nightfighter Whirlwind too - looks great

And the Chi-Ha tank, you did it justice

I'm looking forward to your build posts in the new year, spiced up with a fluff of good humour (hope I said this right) !

William De Coster / still in Prague cz.png / previous builds on HS : Plastic Stories

1/72 - Airfix, Trumpeter and AML - Curtiss Hawk 81 : Part I - Part II - Part III - Part IV - Part V - Part VI - Part VII - Part VIII - Part IX - Part X/End new.gif
1/72 - Frog/Novo - Curtiss Tomahawk : Part I - Part II - Part III/End
1/72 - AGA - Polikarpov I-3 : Part I - Part II - Part III - Part IV - Part V

Just like the perfect woman doesn't exist, I will never build a perfect model.
Puts me on a par with God

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - My 2011 Airfix Builds
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

HyperScale's Group Build Guidelines

The objective of this Group Build is to encourage as many modellers as possible to build their kits and share their progress via words and photos on this Forum.

You are welcome to post general construction tips or relevant reference information and photos to this Forum too.

This Group Build will feature Airfix, Frog and Matchbox kits.

1. Build as many kits as you like

2. Conversions, aftermarket and scratchbuilding are all permitted.

3. Any markings are acceptable.

4. Document your progress and do a write-up on your build - where did you have trouble, what improvements did you make, what markings did you choose and why? It would be GREAT if everyone would do a writeup and submit it to HyperScale as a Feature Article.

Posting or replying to messages on The Group Build Forum requires visitors to register. If you have not already registered on one of HyperScale's other Forums, you will need to:

1. First register with Network 54, the Forum provider.Click here to register with Network 54.

2. Then, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

free counters