<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

APTGB Model Ki-46 Dinah going to straggle in later

April 1 2012 at 12:24 AM

Andrew D  (Login ajd100)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 210.9.142.239

Alas, I've run out of time to finish this one off. It will get done over Easter.

The canopies in my 1970s Japanese boxing were both undersized and had injection pin marks on them, so they were non staters. Luckily, being undersized meant that they were ideal for vac-forming replacements:

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

In this photo they are just resting in place. Now I have to get the $%#@ fragile thingies stuck down. Not looking forward to that. But they look good, so I'll find the courage to tackle them.

Cheers,

Andrew

Tutorials: Plasticene wheel wells Cheap vacform machine Example vac-form
RAAF Kingfisher: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Final
Bronco NOGS: Part 1 Jan 2009 Part 2 Dec 2010(!) Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Final
Frog Vengeance: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Final

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Dan Smith
(Login NinetyThirdLiberator)
HyperScale Forums

Nice so far, Andrew!

April 1 2012, 1:02 AM 

I really enjoyed my Dinah. Yours looks great and with thin canopies will be that much nicer. Don't worry about the GB...just make sure you finish it and show us all!

Colors?

Cheers.

Regards,

Dan From Tacoma, Washington USA

Respond to this message   

Stuart Milliken
(Login StuartMilliken)
HyperScale Forums

That's looking too nice to rush

April 1 2012, 1:07 AM 

Take your time and make 'er shine. (Or matte, if you prefer even if it doesn't rhyme as well.) Your vac'ed canopies will be a great improvement. Please show how you attach them--I've never used a vac canopy before.

Stuart

Respond to this message   

Fred Coulson
(Login fredcoulson)
HyperScale Forums

Looking good, you have come too far to rush it

April 1 2012, 2:04 AM 

Respond to this message   
Adrian
(Login AdrianMF)
HyperScale Forums

Looks great so far

April 1 2012, 5:52 AM 

It's a lovely kit. I like the vac canopies. Pva woodworking glue to stick them?

Regards,
Adrian

Respond to this message   
Allan Buttrick
(Login Allan31)
HyperScale Forums

Perfect, just finish it up......................n/t

April 1 2012, 1:08 PM 

Thanks,
Allan

Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery.

Multiple Mosquito Build, 1/72: Intro Part 1 Part 1.5 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Fini

Fathers Day A6M2: Intro Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Finish

Airfix Stuka 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Finish

Airfix Hurricane 1/72: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Finish

Airfix Orion III: Build Tutorial Finish

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

HyperScale's Group Build Guidelines

The objective of this Group Build is to encourage as many modellers as possible to build their kits and share their progress via words and photos on this Forum.

You are welcome to post general construction tips or relevant reference information and photos to this Forum too.

This Group Build will feature Airfix, Frog and Matchbox kits.

1. Build as many kits as you like

2. Conversions, aftermarket and scratchbuilding are all permitted.

3. Any markings are acceptable.

4. Document your progress and do a write-up on your build - where did you have trouble, what improvements did you make, what markings did you choose and why? It would be GREAT if everyone would do a writeup and submit it to HyperScale as a Feature Article.

Posting or replying to messages on The Group Build Forum requires visitors to register. If you have not already registered on one of HyperScale's other Forums, you will need to:

1. First register with Network 54, the Forum provider.Click here to register with Network 54.

2. Then, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

free counters