Why I Don't Support The Ron Paul Freedom March
I have been inundated with inquiries and encouragement to participate in an event being called the 'Ron Paul Freedom March.'
Regular readers of my columns know I am a committed supporter to Congressman Paul's run for the White House. However, this is one event I cannot support for the following reasons.
First, let me give you a little history so you can understand why I believe that while this is a feel good exercise, I don't believe it's a good use of human and financial resources.
In 1991, I " woke up" and began my journey of research and activism. In 1993, after nine months of picketing the Federal Reserve in Denver and collecting signatures from around the country, my Project '93 marched on Washington, DC. Back then the Park Police were still using grids and estimated our crowd at 4,400. We delivered 1,763,000 signed petitions to abolish the Federal Reserve and the IRS. Speeches were made. During the rally, we collected another 23,000 signatures for the petition. It was a beautiful day in Washington and every one felt good at the end of the day.
Despite massive efforts, there was NO media. They were following Hillary around the capitol as she was pitching her unconstitutional national health care scheme.
The Clerk of the House wanted to turn my truck load of boxes with those one million seven hundred sixty three thousand petitions over to the Park Police to count and shred. I said in a pig's ear. A handful of my volunteers broke them down and delivered batches to every congressional and senate office. When it was over and done, Congress went about their business of spending us into bankruptcy while the Clinton's continued their agenda. Nothing changed.
Over the years there have been many efforts for marches by patriots. They all fizzle with a couple hundred people. Perhaps it will be different for this effort, but it costs a fortune to go to DC; hotels within 20 miles (except for flea bag transients) cost big bux. One lady named Diane (forget, but was in the mid-'90s) spent a fortune on her march. Did every patriot radio show, sent out flyers for months. In the end, about 150 people showed up. Was anything accomplished by Diane and so many other groups and their 150 or 200 angry fellow Americans standing in front of the capitol? Sadly, no. The exception to these events are the Rolling Thunder vets.
Another thing is the climate in DC. After 911, access to the people's house is now virtually impossible. DC is like a police compound. I know, I've been there several times and I resent being treated like a criminal. Any rally is going to be pushed to their boundaries far away from the capitol while the criminals inside go about their business.
I ask in earnest, what do supporters of this event hope to accomplish?
1. Bush/Cheney do not care if a million people show up, just like the pro-life marches which draw a half million or more each year. Besides, neither will be in town on any date selected, you can be sure of that.
2. The powerful unseen hand that owns Washington, DC, laughs at what they consider puny efforts by 'patriots.' Rockefeller and the rest of the money lenders don't care about this event because they own Congress and the White House. It's just business as usual for them. It won't change until the personnel inside the capitol and the White House are replaced.
3. The dominant media will ignore this event. It might make the local news out of MD and No. Virginia, but that'll be about it.
4. I timed my event for September 29th because I knew Congress would be in full session. The budget has to be done by midnight, 30 Sept, so DC is at maximum activity during that week. Everyone was in town.
5. As Ron Paul is vilified by his own party, those members of Congress who might happen to be in DC that day won't care about this event because they still control the legislative process and right along with the Democrats, do not want a limited form of republican government.
6. I have read two dates for this event: July 4th and June 21st. First of all, no one is in Washington, DC on the Fourth of July except tourists. I know, because I've been there on 4 July and seen a half million people converge on the Washington Memorial. I could hardly wait to get to the airport, the congestion was so bad. Everyone is there for fireworks, corn dogs and beer. Demonstrations in DC are as common as birds singing in the trees. They go on every day from every group you can imagine. "Free Tibet" people sit in front of the barrier lines at the White House. "Let's Dance Naked" folks have their 25 person demonstration and on and on and on. That's Washington, DC. Ho, hum.
Congress is gone, out of town for July 4th. So are the major media because there's nothing to cover for their agenda. As for June 21st, this is the beginning of summer. Families plan for their vacations during June. Yes, they are freedom fighters, but let me give you one example. A friend in Sacramento wanted to go to some patriot event in DC many years ago. It was in June and his wife said, no way. We are taking the kids to Disneyland and that's that. The mouse won out.
Why have a freedom march in a location where the only people there are tourists? The king pins and law breakers (Congress) won't be around and neither will the media.
But, the GOP convention is a whole different situation.
The world media WILL be there.
All the delegates WILL be there.
If vote fraud affected the outcome of the primaries, which I believe is the case, then those delegates cannot be committed to McCain.
I believe we can bring McCain down. All of us should be working to expose this corrupt, evil man and drive him out of the race.
Swift Boating of McCain Long Over Due
Moral Obligations to Stop McCain
If we are successful, and I believe we can be, then that puts the GOP power brokers in a tough spot. They will have to draft another neo-con, i.e., Newt, and see if they can sell that stink. It will put their plans in chaos with little time to recover.
You should find out who the GOP delegates are from your state. For California see link below. Call your Secretary of State's office and get their names or go on-line.
This is a fluid situation and, as I said, we should work to get a few hundred thousand Ron Paul supporters to that convention. Can you imagine a quarter million Ron Paul supporters surrounding the EXCEL center with 100' long banners: Ron Paul or good-bye GOP! I guarantee you that would be a huge message to the party and more importantly those delegates.
THAT would shake things up and show the power brokers who run that convention that we're not going to take one of their globalists as the nominee. The EXCEL Center sits down town. St. Paul-Minneapolis in September is beautiful AND it's far less expensive than DC. That convention IS the heart beat of the whole race for the White House.
Instead of broke Americans trying to scrape together some money to ride a bus or whatever to go stand in DC to a non audience, why not organize to make the biggest demonstration in the history of this country at that GOP convention? Where the world's media and those delegates will be - who will hear and see you.
This is just my personal opinion. I have budgeted my limited funds for the convention. I will be there because that's where everything will be decided regarding the GOP nomination. It's the big kahuna. As for the position of the City of St. Paul, precedent has already been set; a good legal team needs to be in place when application is made for permits:
City relents, will allow protests during DNC
With all due respect, I sincerely hope Congressman Ron Paul changes his mind and decides it would be a far, far better use of human and financial resources to target the convention and not go through with an event in DC this summer. As he has only taken the steps for an 'exploratory committee,' not a lot will be lost. I hope to see you at that convention.
THE "G" BLOGS...by GyG
Also known as Gunny G's
Globe and Anchor Sites/Forums/Blogs....
HISTORY ETC. -- The Gunny G History Wiki!
Police Out of Control! - A Gunny G Wiki...
News-n-Views, Military, History, Politics,
Controversial, Unusual, Non-PC
Articles Just Not Seen... Elsewhere!
RESTORE THE REPUBLIC/
TAKE AMERICA BACK!
The "Original/The Only "Gunny G"