Postwar Baseball Cards Net Forum (Pre-1980)
Hello to all visitors! This is a moderated forum for the discussion of primarily vintage baseball cards that were issued after World War II and prior to 1980. If you are posting for the first time, please read our list of Forum Rules on our "Rules" page before proceeding. The forum will be moderated mainly to keep its focus. You can directly contact the moderator here if you have any questions or comments. Enjoy!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Ted Zanidakis
(Login tedzan)

Show us your BB card Uncut sheets, panels, etc.

August 11 2007, 11:23 AM 

This scan is a partial view of a complete 36-card 1950 Bowman sheet.

TED Z

Bob C 2
(Login bobc88)

71 Topps Sheet

August 11 2007, 4:51 PM 

I love that 71 Topps 6th series sheet! Does anybody have a scan of the second sheet from that series to post? I just started re-building a '71 set and I'm curious about the nature of the so-called short prints in the high number series.

Anthony
(Login Griffins97)

Re: Show us your BB card Uncut sheets, panels, etc.

August 11 2007, 8:10 PM 

NIce '50 sheet Ted! I was looking thru some Mastro catalogs from '00-'02 last nite, and that sheet came up a few times, in one case twice in one auction. But since then they have totally dried up.
I picked up 2 of the '48 sheets with the common 36 cards in the last month, but have yet to see one with the short prints included. Have you ever seen one of those?

Ted Zanidakis
(Login tedzan)

PAUL S

August 11 2007, 8:16 PM 

If you are interested in my VCBC article on the 1949 Bowman color errors, email me your mailing address and I'll send you a copy.

tedzan11@comcast.net

TED Z

Ted Zanidakis
(Login tedzan)

1948 Bowman Low/High #s sheet

August 13 2007, 3:55 PM 

ANTHONY

Take a look again at the 1948 Bowman sheet that I have posted. It is exactly the one you are asking about.
Cards #37 - 48 are interspersed on this 36-card sheet.

TED Z

Anthony
(Login Griffins97)

August 13 2007, 4:07 PM 

Ted-
I looked at the sheet you posted, and I've got 2 of the exact same one. It was my understanding that there are 12 short prints in the set, none of which are pictured on either of our (yours and mine, not the Dorskind "our" ) sheets. My question is have you ever seen or have a sheet with the other 12 cards from the set?

Paul S
(Login p_spec)

Show us your BB card Uncut sheets, panels, etc.

August 13 2007, 4:10 PM 

Ted Z - email sent a few days ago. Thanks.

Ted Zanidakis
(Login tedzan)

PAUL S

August 13 2007, 5:16 PM 

I received your email and will send you a copy of my 1949 Bowman article when I am home.
I am on the road now using my laptop,

TED Z

Ted Zanidakis
(Login tedzan)

1948 Bowman Low/High #s sheet

August 13 2007, 5:34 PM 

ANTHONY

In recent years, there are two schools of thought as to which 12 cards are tougher in the
1948 BB set.

The 12 cards of the 1st series of cards printed on the sheet numbered 1-36....or, the last
12 cards in the set numbered 37-48 (that replaced the first 12). We really don't know how
many press runs were of the 1st 36 cards vs how many press runs of the 2nd series sheets
containing the 12 Hi#s.

And, you are correct when you say that uncut sheets of the 1st series (#1-36) are seldom
seen. I'm not sure why this is.

TED Z

Paul S
(Login p_spec)

Topps' 51 Bowman Reprint Sheet

August 14 2007, 1:59 PM 

I was flipping through a 1982 Yankee Yearbook and came across a sheet of 51 Bowman
(Topps)reprints. Actually it contains cards and anachronisms (e.g., Killebrew)that are
obviously not 51 bowman but the style is as close as I can come. It is attached to the binding and folds open to
reveal 18 cards numbered sequentially; 9 are Yankees. I don't really
know much about reprints. Any additional info anyone has is appreciated.
Partial scan below (Apologies for any stretching of the board rules.)

edited for scan and text wrap margins

This message has been edited by p_spec on Aug 14, 2007 2:05 PM

John Moran
(Login jmoran19)

August 15 2007, 10:59 AM 

Bob c, as requested. Let me know if you want me to email you the other 71 sheets, John.

Iggy
(Login rounded-corners)

August 15 2007, 1:29 PM 

Here is mine, although it is a partial sheet. I picked this one up from JHUSTLE way back in Ebay's infancy.

Anthony
(Login Griffins97)

August 15 2007, 3:05 PM 

Here's a couple more, just to keep things moving!
A '72 Topps full sheet:

Here's a '71 OPC sheet. I've never collected OPC sets, so I was really surprised to see the differences between the OPC cards and the Topps issue of the same year. Different bios, team info, etc and the color on the OPC is so much more intense and saturated than the US product. Is this typical, or did I get an oversaturated sheet? The second sheet came with the tape on it (right thru Ryan, of course) and I don't want to mess with it. Definitely a job for Kevin Saucier.

And a '71 Topps Super sheet. I won this in a Lelands auction about 3 years ago (there were 2 in the lot, if anyone wants to trade I've got an extra) and it was described as a '70 sheet. All they had to do was turn the damn thing over. I called and wrote numerous times complaining, but never heard back from them. Typical Lelands.
18 HOFers, plus Rose, and Torre who are HOF caliber.

This message has been edited by Griffins97 on Aug 15, 2007 3:32 PM

Dave Hornish
(Login dsh46)

August 15 2007, 8:16 PM 

Here's one off the beaten path-cardboard version of the Action Emblems:

Bob C 2
(Login bobc88)

1971 Topps

August 18 2007, 4:49 PM 

John M, Thanks for sharing the '71 Topps series 6 sheet. I'd love to see others (rwcollet@roadrunner.com).

In the first '71 T sheet posted, is the checklist card #619, actually in the run of 5th series numbers?

Thanks.

Bob C

Anthony N.
(Login Griffins97)

March 30 2009, 3:15 PM 

I was looking for this thread to see the '49 sheet of Ted's with the gray background variation, but it looks like the scan is gone.
Ted, any chance you can repost it?

Anyone got any new sheets or panels since this was first posted?

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement