Postwar Baseball Cards Net Forum (Pre-1980)
Hello to all visitors! This is a moderated forum for the discussion of primarily vintage baseball cards that were issued after World War II and prior to 1980. If you are posting for the first time, please read our list of Forum Rules on our "Rules" page before proceeding. The forum will be moderated mainly to keep its focus. You can directly contact the moderator here if you have any questions or comments. Enjoy!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Need help identifying these?

March 21 2009 at 10:57 AM

Dan Lundrigan  (Login sheetmetaldan)

I just picked up these 4 "cards" they measure 5x7 and are blank backed.Are they some sort of premium like the Goudey`s or just 5x7 photos?

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
dstudeba
(Login dstudeba)

Re: Need help identifying these?

March 22 2009, 5:49 PM 

I might have been the underbidder on those, I forget. Anyway I couldn't figure out exactly what they were. The best I could come up with is in the late 1940s there were "All Star Picture Packs" similar to the ones the teams produced. My best guess is it was from one of these.

Dan Lundrigan
(Login sheetmetaldan)

March 22 2009, 10:07 PM 

Thanks for the reply this ended a couple of weeks ago.The seller called them Exhibits but obviously they are not.Any idea on value I paid about $35.00 for them so I thought it was a decent deal.I might try posting this on the prewar side maybe someone over there can shed a little more light on them.

I don`t think I did myself any favors with my vague message title I just didn`t know what else to say.

Bill
(Login lsutigers1973)

March 22 2009, 10:15 PM 

Those are pictures of 75% dead people.

This message has been edited by lsutigers1973 on Mar 22, 2009 10:15 PM

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement