Postwar Baseball Cards Net Forum (Pre-1980)
Hello to all visitors! This is a moderated forum for the discussion of primarily vintage baseball cards that were issued after World War II and prior to 1980. If you are posting for the first time, please read our list of Forum Rules on our "Rules" page before proceeding. The forum will be moderated mainly to keep its focus. You can directly contact the moderator here if you have any questions or comments. Enjoy!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Bob Gibson Photo

March 24 2009 at 1:06 PM
Phil Garry  (Login bcbgcbrcb)

This message has been edited by bcbgcbrcb on Mar 24, 2009 1:06 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
MikePugeda
(Login docpatlv)

Re: Bob Gibson Photo

March 24 2009, 1:55 PM 

Phil,

It definitely looks like a very young Bob Gibson to me.

HRBAKER
(Login hrbaker)

March 24 2009, 3:59 PM 

I agree it sure looks like him. Since he was born in November of 1935 and this purports to be from his high school years, it may be a stretch to date this to the 40's.

JohnnyH
(Login JohnnyHarmonica)

March 24 2009, 6:29 PM 

Unless he had a twin that is him, and his older brother was an athletic director at YMCA. I don't know what a 2nd generation photo is ( assuming that is a later run at prints with year unknown, essentially a reprint of some sort ?) and how that would affect the value, I would think it would dimmish it to next to nothing but I don't know anything about photos. You could always offer 25.00 and see what they say. Good luck !!

Phil Garry
(Login bcbgcbrcb)

March 24 2009, 8:03 PM 

Appareantly, the seller just revised their description to include the likelihood of being a second generation photo after I questioned their return policy. Looks like I need to stay away from this one.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement