Return to Index  

GS 1100

July 28 2011 at 8:12 PM
  (Login vinnyphilly)

i'm working on an 82 GS1100 suzuki and I'm fuckin 10 minutes from throwing it in the delaware river.. the bike is a cream puff, very low miles for its vintage, the motor sings and runs like a champ. The bike

pulls fine in all gears until you goose it then the gears start to grind and make horrible noises as the motor screams and the motor no longer puts power to the rear wheel. I assumed that the drive shaft

splines were striped somewhere along the way so I took swing arm off and remove all gears for closer inspection. I found no excessive wear on any gears or splines. The racket this thing makes you would

think there would be a ton of metal shavings somewhere but there is nothing. I also pulled clutch basket went through all gears and they fully engage and all trans bearings are tight. The grinding happens in

all gears which makes me think i could rule out the trans itself because if it were dogs not catching it would only happen between two gears and not through the whole range. The GS1100 is known for

shredding drive shaft components but they all look fine and there are a half dozen of them that would cost me one eugene to replace. If anyone has ever had this happen or has advice of how to fix it or

destroy it let me know....also i went swimming with eugene on tuesday and about 20 minutes after we got in i realized i had my phone in my pocket and lost all my numbers so if i had your number text me it

again

Respond to this message   
Responses

Southern Fried Choppers