Do i need to depressurize my Mrod before changing a barrel?May 7 2010 at 2:52 PM
|arbik (Login arbik)|
I am at the half way point, and just thought I should ask to be safe.
Here are the instructions I'm following, that I found on the mrod forum.
you must remove the breech block assembly to remove the barrel. I will guide you through the procedure, but you will need the exploded view & parts list sheets.
Here's the procedure, this is after you have removed the shroud and barrel band:
1. Remove scope or sighting devices
2. Remove #26 bolt assm. retaining socket head cap screw
3. Remove #7 bolt plunger assm.
4. Slide bolt from breech block and set aside
5. Remove #31 button head cap screw, located below #7
6. Remove 2-#36 4-40 cap screws from breech block
7. Lift off breech block assm.from pressure tube
8. Capture #19 transfer port tube and #29 gaskets and set aside.
9. Loosen 2-#37 set screws
10. Slide barrel from breech block.
11. Reverse procedure to reassemble.
12. Check for proper magazine removal and insertion by