Chrony resultsMarch 28 2011 at 8:56 PM
Tony in Puerto Rico (Login turbonoma)
Response to More mods to the valve
Today I shot the Iguana hunter and here are the results. I used CPHP(14.5grns.) and some Peak(13.9grns.)pellets. After the work I did to the valve, I am disappointed with the velocities. The Peaks shot at 307fps and the CPHP shot at 287fps. I shortened the striker spring and made it 1/4th longer than the the valve spring since it's lighter. Made the exhaust port larger using an 11/64th drill bit,eased the port angle,cut off the piercing pin,and rounded the stem. I was hoping for better
velocities. Next I'll try a stiffer hammer spring and report back my findings.