Return to Index  

Failed the first stress test.

August 1 2011 at 9:23 PM
robert  (Login gubb33ps)
YF

Response to Getting the Disco stable

2nd day:
Failed the Jeep-stress-test.

After riding around in my Jeep to and from work (a 17.8 mile trip) on the floor boards (in a soft case) the point of impact shifted quite a bit.

So went back to the old barrel band setting of near the muzzle (the rear band still just ahead of the breech).
[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Almost as accurate (statically the same for the small tests) but has proved to be more stable at this point. Have done the Jeep Test for a couple of weeks at this setting and found the POA/POI to have stayed stable, so that's where this Disco is going to live.

Teat targets at the new (old) setting: 5 shots/2oyards/ 13.5gr. AA pellets:
[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Rifle will get another trip to and from work, then tested...and if it passes that test, will get trips and tests every day for the rest of the week.

What I want is decent accuracy and a stable point of impact...may be ways to eek out more accuracy, but if the pellets aren't consistently to the point of aim, it's not a useful gain for hunting.

This message has been edited by gubb33ps on Aug 1, 2011 9:23 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums from people under 18 years old, only with legal guardian(s) present.