Which are the quietest PCP rifles out of the box?April 25 2012 at 3:22 PM
|George (Login mbogo470)|
I have to perform some discreet pest control, and my RWS 48 .177 is just way too loud.
While searching the 'net looking for something quiet, it seems the consensus is that PCPs are the quietest platform. What I have not found is the actual dB readings for these rifles, only very ambiguous ratings.
For those of you who own/owned PCPs, which .22 or .25 rifles would be the quietest? I understand that the pellet impact will still be loud.
|This message has been edited by mbogo470 on Apr 25, 2012 3:24 PM|
- Hard to find the data - robert on Apr 25, 2012, 10:01 PM
- Quiet - don on Apr 25, 2012, 11:05 PM
- Benjamin Marauder without a doubt - Bill Dempsey on Apr 25, 2012, 11:07 PM
- Marauder 22 cal gets my vote... - Dave Ennis on Apr 26, 2012, 3:04 AM
- Out of the box quiet - SteveR in SWFL on Apr 26, 2012, 10:08 AM
- PCP Noise References - A.O. Martinez on Apr 29, 2012, 10:23 PM
- i have a shroud on my 48 - eric on May 1, 2012, 11:32 AM
- The BSA SuperTen Full Shroud Carbine - Jerry Kirchoff on May 8, 2012, 6:52 PM