Return to Index  

Chris, unfortunately, it's a little more complicated than that.

April 30 2012 at 10:41 PM

Mark G.  (Login mark600)

Response to Re: Yep. What Robert said. I thought I would rather have

I've done two P-Rod upper conversions to date. Pretty much any Crosman barrel will work. To keep
cost down, buy a M-Rod .177 barrel and have someone cut it for you.
Yes, you will need a 1700/1701 bolt. BUT! The P-Rod reciever has to be modified for it to work.
You see, the cocking lug on the 1700/1701 sets a little further back towards the bolt handle
than the one on the P-Rod. The slot in the underside of the reciever for the cocking lug has to be moved BACK about .300", give or take. Do you see what I'm getting at?
Feel free to email me for more info. I did one for Don Selph and possibly he could take pics,
as I failed to!

Hope this was of some help.

I went the other way and changed out the whole upper. Cost was about $135. I already had a second
shroud set-up, so I didn't have to purchase those.

Head Gopher and Assistant
Match Director Ashland Air Rifle Range
Ashland OR


Mark Gravelle

 Respond to this message   

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums from people under 18 years old, only with legal guardian(s) present.