Return to Index  

Disco has never been accurate.

June 20 2012 at 2:57 PM
John Avery  (Login 4950cycle)
YF

I have had a .22 Disco for about 2 1/2 years now. I noticed right after I put a scope on it that the gun just wasn't very accurate. It has never been much more than good enough to racoon hunt since. I feel I have done everything besides change the barrel to try to improve the accuracy. Ive modded the trigger to about 1 1/2 lbs. Smooth,light and predictable. Opened up the valve & enlarged hole a wee bit and put icemaker transfer port in to make volocity a consistent 950 fps., Put a heavier hitting hammer spring (no more quiet, weak shots here and there) , Lapped and recrowned the peeshooter, Tried 5 different scopes on it thinking I had a string of bad scopes(its happened to me before). Nothing seems to keep this Disco from shooting in roughly 3 inch circles at 27 yds.. I hate to admit this airgun has beaten me. I can't seem to make her shoot an accceptable group. I'm at a loss. Is there something I don't know about Discos ? Otherwise I remain unimpressed with them eccept they are fun to take apart and put back together. lol For God sake, I have magnum springers that will outshoot this thing. Thats pretty sorry for a PCP. Please help !

Respond to this message   
Responses

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums from people under 18 years old, only with legal guardian(s) present.