Return to Index  

That sounds interesting, should broaden the sweet spot.

July 11 2012 at 3:00 AM
  (Login geno_b)
YF12

Response to I came up with a similar idea also. What I was thinking

Well, what I thought was going to be a quick took the better part of the day.Had to machine an "O" ring grove on the adapter for the gauge port to stop air leak. I just used a radiator hose clamp with some rubber blocks for space between HPA tank and Disco reservoir. This is temp set up just get to shoot some test strings. I'll make a holder same concept as the barrel band, only this one will hold the bottle to the Disco tube.
WOW! Manage to shoot about 30 plus shoots in ten shoot string from my shop bench to the back yard wall (28+ yards)and first group was 0.680" widest side. Next group was 0.575". At this point I was very exited and went for a couple of bottles of my favorite brew Fat Tire then shoot the last string. This time was 0.860" and was sorta bum out, keep shooting at same target and was starting to open up. Decided to stop as I was getting tired and don't know if it was me or the Fat Tire's. I'll shoot some strings tomorrow with a gun vise to see full capability. But very happy right now, before at same distance, I had vertical stringing from a full 2K fill down to about 1.1K pressure. Would print about 1/2" wide x 1 3/4" top to bottom. I played with different spring tensions and hammer mass, just would not group well.

This message has been edited by geno_b on Jul 11, 2012 3:10 AM

Respond to this message   

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums from people under 18 years old, only with legal guardian(s) present.