Return to Index  

My FT 1720T...StormTrooper Pistol...

April 12 2013 at 11:07 PM

Dutch  (Login Dutch.22)
AR&P

If Storm Troopers used airpistols, they would look like this! I made the Aluminum rail by hand and with a drill press. It started out as 1/4" thick 2" wide aluminum about 11 inches or so long. The rounded tip was ground down with sand paper. It took hours, but it came out perfect. I rough cut the round with a cutwheel. The problem with this is that sometimes you can accidently bump what your cutting. After getting everything to fit, I took it to an auto shop and had it powder coated. Came out better than I thought it would. I use a versapod as a handle. Its lower than the trigger guard. With the 12" barrel I fill to 2200 psi and get 18-20 good shots @ 705 fps with 10.5s. I have shot a nickel sized 5 shot group from a sandbag @ 55 yards, but didn't record it as the weather was getting bad. When squirrel season starts I hope to take it out and see how it works fox squirrels.
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

When the wind calms down I will post some groups.

Dutch

Self proclaimed shootinist sumbitch...there ever was almost!!
Its hard bein shootinst sum bitch...welp not its not.
started @ 252 compressor fills in 6/22/08
120 compressor fills and I have broke even.
75 fills total.
And aaain't it grrreaaat to be livinnn in the USA.
I never whacked a pigeon, starling, or sparrow that didn't deserve it!!!
1546 and countin....on pigeons..
starling count started 19--

Respond to this message   

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums from people under 18 years old, only with legal guardian(s) present.