Return to Index  

Get the "human" out of it as far as you can.

May 7 2013 at 6:28 PM
robert  (Login gubb33ps)
YF

Response to Both my Discovery Rifles Group Like That

When going for 20 or 30 shots, tend to reduce the human element as much as I can.

Have a sister-in-law who is a sculptor. Borrowed two big blocks of scupltor-clay. Wrapped those in plastic (they will dry out). Wrapeed the plastic wrapped blocks in cloth. It's not like paly-doe, this stuff is stiff, but you can beat/pound, shape it to a pretty good custom fit for a front and rear rest. Think it tends to dampen vibrations....but that's minor compared to the custom fit.

You are still at the controls, so it's not a machine rest...but it's about as steady and "dead" a rest as i can come up with. Bet using a couple of blocks of duct-seal (being smaller, might need them on a platform) could work out just as well.

This message has been edited by gubb33ps on May 7, 2013 6:34 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums from people under 18 years old, only with legal guardian(s) present.