Return to Index  

that's a great grouping, poi shift sucks though

May 11 2013 at 6:00 PM
Alan  (Login alpal87)
YF12

Response to It's not as if the barrel won't group-the POI keeps shifting...

As i said, only way i was ever able to fix it wasn't to exactly FREE float the barrel as the single set screw and single breech screw just aren't enough to keep that breech still. I physically took wood clamps to it before screwing the breech screw on, once i got that in tight, i put the barrel band back as far as i could, which was aboout 1/2" in front of the gauge and clamped the barrel down and effectively the front of the breech as well. Just like in roberts picture i put a peice of the rear sight rail barrel sleeve behind the barrel band and into the breech. after tightinging that barrel band back then i removed the clamps from around the breech and the air tube. i'm actually attempting all of this right now on my .177. Sadly i had to lap the barrel. Sounds like you're barrel is just fine. Maybe scope? or scope mounts?

Respond to this message   

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums from people under 18 years old, only with legal guardian(s) present.