<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Revised HDD installation instructions for the Discovery.

February 27 2008 at 7:43 PM

(Login pneuguy)

Due to the revised location of the #4-48 breech screw in the Disco breech, the bolt handle and hammerspring have to be removed before the bolt will come back far enough to allow access to the screw.

Steve

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
JW652
(Login JW652)
YC

Printer friendly

February 28 2008, 9:55 AM 

Can only print page two. Page one - to the first break is essentially blank and page 2 is too long - making page three essentially blank. Can you edit? THX.

Respond to this message   

Lou
(Login degriz)
YC

HDD

February 28 2008, 12:44 PM 

I don't want to sound naive but what are the advantages of a HDD? Should it be combined with other mods?

Respond to this message   

(Login pneuguy)

HDDs usually provide a useful improvement in efficiency...

February 29 2008, 12:21 AM 

...when used alone, but often do even better when combined with an adjustable hammerspring.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/message/1188825859/Retro-fitting+hammer+debounce+devices+to+existing+powerplants---

Steve

Respond to this message   

Bill S.
(Login tripleguy)
YFOT

Steve - I am a slow learner

February 29 2008, 1:30 PM 

I was reviewing your revised instructions for install in a Discovery and I can't quite picture it. The cocking handle and bolt need to come out to give you access to the retaining screw under the bolt. So you take out the bolt handle and rear plug to get the hammer spring out as well and then you take out the bolt. That allows you to get access to the retaining screw and get the barrel off the breech. You intall the HDD into the breech and then how do you get it back together, since the bolt has to stay out to get the retaining screw back in there? Does the bolt just follow the HDD back into the breech?

"but I'll be needin' that gun, fer squirrels and such."

Respond to this message   

(Login pneuguy)

Nope. The bolt doesn't get removed.

March 1 2008, 10:14 AM 

As you say, the cocking handle does have to come off, and the endplugs of both breech and air tube have to come out, in order to allow the bolt to slide far enough back to allow access to the #4-48 hold down screw.

But the bolt shouldn't be removed from the breech. The HDD is installed behind it.

The only reason that the breech has to be removed in the first place, has nothing to do with the bolt. It's so that the hammer pin can be inserted into the HDD.

Steve

Respond to this message   

Bill S.
(Login tripleguy)
YFOT

Gotcha - knew I wuz missing something. /nt

March 1 2008, 10:25 AM 

"but I'll be needin' that gun, fer squirrels and such."

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Revised HDD installation instructions for the Discovery.
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums from people under 18 years old, only with legal guardian(s) present.