<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Hype?

July 13 2008 at 9:45 AM
  (Login gmh45345)
YFOT

Have been sitting on the fence with this one.The forum sure is quiet on this rifle now. Have been thinking about getting one ,but

Any coments,advice,etc?

Gary

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login gubb33ps)
YF

Re: Hype?

July 13 2008, 10:11 AM 

Aren't that many mysteries to the gun. It's pretty simple to set up, the trigger mod. was worked out long ago for the 2260's, and they made it about as simple to operate as possible.

Not 'hype', just a simple PCP that works as intended.

Does get a bit more complex when the owner wants to make something different out of it..looking for either more power or less power, balancing things for the best number of shots per fill, caliber conversions, etc. Some owners want a longer stock or an all metal trigger system; guess that what a lot really want is a $600 PCP for $240.

But as issued, could easily be happy with it...makes a great hunting rifle.

This message has been edited by gubb33ps on Jul 13, 2008 10:12 AM

Respond to this message   

(Login jimairgun)
YC

No Hype..FOLKS ARE OUT SHOOTING..

July 13 2008, 10:19 AM 

Most shooting related 'net forums are a bit slow this time of the year.Folks are out SHOOTING(or out trying to earn enough EXTRA $$ money to BUY a Disco).

This is a single gun model forum.The m850 RWS forum is a bit slow right now as well.There is no hype with regards to the Discovery. The overwhelming response from folks who actually own one has been very positive.

I know I sure like mine.

My Discovery .177 is a great little rifle.I shot it untuned for over a month and was very happy. Then I did some minor tuning it's even better. Right out of the box, it shot better than ANY Beeman model rifle I had even owned-which includes R1s,R11s, R7s etc.

If you have been sitting on the fence this long, I'd bet your rear end is starting to get a bit numb by now...(LOL)

Respond to this message   

LEE IN VA.
(Login lee1972b)
YC

Re: No Hype..FOLKS ARE OUT SHOOTING..

July 13 2008, 10:48 AM 

Getting ready to go shoot my .177 Discovery now. Nice gun for the money, lightweight. Going to do some mods real soon too.

Respond to this message   

(Login 101142)

What minor tuning did you do?.............n.t.

July 13 2008, 11:32 AM 

Respond to this message   

(Login clasicalgas)
YFOT

No hype IMO...it's a sweet little gun as sold,with lots of potential

July 13 2008, 11:30 AM 

Respond to this message   

(Login gubb33ps)
YF

Board is quiet..

July 13 2008, 12:02 PM 

..but so are many of the other single-model boards. Vacations, blistering heat,etc.

Do notice that when a used one does come up for sale, it's sold very quickly. Had some trouble finding them in stock at some on-line sellers, but that seems common with a whole lot of things. Various complaints about the pump, and the pumps have been harder to find than the rifles. Indications are that they're still selling well.

Respond to this message   

(Login jebudite)
YFOT

I finally took the plunge and ordered one from Tim at MAC-1

July 13 2008, 2:50 PM 

All my HPA stuff is from him and I have been well pleased with him and his staff, not to say that Roald is not a great tuner to and Roy, I ordered the 177 and can,t wait to shoot it, I shot Bob in WV gun which came from MAC-1 and it was real shooter, I will post after I get mine and I also took advantage on Tim,s 66cu, ft. 4500psi tank deal.

Respond to this message   
Doug Owen
(Login DKOwen)
YC

Hype? I'll tell you what's 'dead' on this board....

July 14 2008, 12:46 AM 

Yes, it's kinda slow here. About all you hear is how much guys like their Discoveries. I agree it does tend to get boring after a while. No problems to solve and all.

But I'll tell you what's really missing in case you didn't notice, all the 'experts' that were trashing the gun, Crosman, vendors and everything they could find about them. Now you can't seem to find them near as easy...if at all.

So I guess the 'sour grapes' turned out to be sweet after all. The hype seems to have been coming from the guys that were upset about a cheap Yankee made upstart.

Go for it. A guy needs one, just like a QB, R7, 850.......

Doug Owen

Respond to this message   

(Login gmh45345)
YFOT

thanks

July 14 2008, 8:34 AM 

Thanks for all the replies.Now I just have to save up a few more pennies and decide which cal. to get,probably .177 since I shoot a lot more paper than vermin.

Thanks again guys,Gary

Respond to this message   
Al
(Login als57)
YC

Got to admit its one of the neatest little rifles I've

July 14 2008, 10:30 AM 

seen in a long while. And a PCP for under $250. Unheard of. I like my .177 so well that I will probably buy one in .22 cal.

Just ordered some parts from BigEd to see what a little more tweaking will do.

You know with the gun , parts from BigEd and Anthony Storey , and a cheap scope I'm going to all of about $400 in this beast when done.

Al

Respond to this message   

(Login spark22)
YF

no hype just one awsome gun

July 14 2008, 7:53 PM 

got mine last week,the pump broke on the third fill crosman is replacing it and I have to say they have great customer service.went and got a scuba tank and shot 500rds through it this weekend and now I have to find a better pellet trap because the discovery 22cal hollow points blew a hole through the gamo cone pellet trap because of the hole in hole acuracy of this rifle.

This message has been edited by spark22 on Jul 14, 2008 7:55 PM

Respond to this message   

(Login KF9VH)
YC

Pump?

July 14 2008, 8:34 PM 

What happened to the pump? Just curious as I have one.

Thanks

Mike

Respond to this message   

(Login spark22)
YF

it looks like a oring blew out

July 14 2008, 9:21 PM 

while in mid pump it would push down and wuold not fill the rifle and the handle would pop back up and when I pulled it up it was not taking in air and would suck it back down it was locked up at 1000psi and when I opened the bleeder it belw oil out onto the carpet my wife was realy mad.my pumps date was 04 08.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Hype?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums from people under 18 years old, only with legal guardian(s) present.