<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

177-22 conversion

December 2 2008 at 4:09 PM
  (Login mjjj04)
YF

Has anyone done the 177-22 conversion with crosman parts? I'm new to this and was curious because I ordered a 177 gun because they were out of 22 packages at fogdog. The parts(barrel and bolt) are only 20.00 so I figured it is worth the swap to have both calibers and still came out better in price than most vendors.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
jford2 (VA)
(Login jford2)
YF

conversion - .22 to .177

December 9 2008, 7:15 AM 

I did it. I bought a .22 and then got the .177 barrel, bolt and bolt seal. While I was at it, I got an extra barrel band. I added a HDD and poly transfer port, and did trigger mods while it was on the work bench. My .177 barrel isn't quite as accurate as the .22, and it will only group with CPH pellets, so far. The biggest gain in accuracy was when I did the poly tube transfer port seal. You may need to fit one for each caliber, as the port could vary slightly between barrels. I love tinkering with this rifle!

Respond to this message   
jford2 (VA)
(Login jford2)
YF

follow-up

December 10 2008, 7:21 AM 

I have re-crowned the .177 barrel using a lathe, and polished the breech end to insure that there is a smooth transition for loading pellets. I found an old tin of H&N Barracuda pellets, and so far these have preformed to the best of my expectations for the .177 barrel. The CPH still group very well, but the Barracudas will group inside the CPH's. I tried Beeman Kodiaks, and they were comparable to the CPH's in performance. I now have a .177 setup that will shoot as good or better than the .22, and I will probably leave it on until Spring, then swith back to .22 for outdoor shooting. Hope this helps.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - 177-22 conversion
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums from people under 18 years old, only with legal guardian(s) present.