<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Suggestions for loading mods??

December 30 2008 at 2:07 AM
  (Login 6672042)
YFOT

I like the Disco, hate the tiny loading area. Its made for tiny fingers. Anyone have mods for improving the breech or loading gate? thanks!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login richwoods)
YF

One is in the works...

December 30 2008, 9:33 AM 

..like this mag for the QB78....have not seen an update for awhile...

http://www.qbmags.com/

Respond to this message   

(Login fivestar45)
YF

If increasing

December 30 2008, 5:56 PM 

the space from the front of the bolt probe to the load port of the barrel will help you, you can do this by cutting a notch in the back end of the bolt where it contacts the cocking pin in the hammer. The notch has to be a few thousandths short of the current space from the bolt handle to the back end of the slot for it in the breech, if not the hammer will not latch behind the sear when the gun is cocked.

Respond to this message   

(Login spark22)
YF

roll the pellets in like a keg or barrel on it's side I have big fingers

December 31 2008, 12:24 AM 

and have no problems loading my 22cal without even looking and I have mine scoped with a centerpoint 4-16x40

Respond to this message   

(Login waunderin)
YFOT

thats what i learned to do ,too

December 31 2008, 8:53 PM 

put in on the side ledge point forward and roll it in the port with a side and forward motion. works on the 177 and the 22 which is a little easier to do it with. i got one of these center point 4x16 scopes too, like it, as it moves the point of impact when i turn the knob. john

Respond to this message   

(Login 6672042)
YFOT

Thanks for the tips

January 1 2009, 1:21 PM 

I took my 22 out yesterday and learned that if I use my off-finger to wall up the opposite side of the port it keeps the pellet pointing correctly. Speeded up the loading quite well.

Respond to this message   

(Login waunderin)
YFOT

i also have a short section

January 1 2009, 6:36 PM 

of a brass cleaning rod that i used on the 177 if a pellet went in wrong and wouldn't come out by bumping to stock with the heel of my hand. i insert it in the muzzle and elevate the muzzel untill it slides down the barrel and dislodges the pellet. some of the 177's would trip on the screw recess in the bottom of the breech. so far, havn't had that problem with the 22. john

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Suggestions for loading mods??
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums from people under 18 years old, only with legal guardian(s) present.