Crosman/Benjamin PCP: dry / contaminated air
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

dry / contaminated air

December 31 2008 at 2:22 PM
boo  (Login boohoo9)
YC

I have been considering trying a PCP air rifle lately.
High on my list are the Benjamin Discovery and the Talon SS.
I stopped by a local paint ball shop the other day to see is I could get tanks filled with HPA.
I told the guy up front that my experience was very limited concerning PCPs and HPA.
Well to shorten the story, the guy was not pleasant to talk to and tried to make me look like an idiot.
My whole point in going to his shop was to learn and find out what it would cost to get tanks filled and see if he would.
He did bring up one point that got me to thinking. It concerns filtered air.
My question is, how does one get clean dry, filtered air, and do hand pumps, and air from paint ball shops pose a hazard to PCP air rifles?.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
robert
(Login gubb33ps)
YF

It's supose to be clean & dry

December 31 2008, 3:32 PM 

But it often isn't. The Discovery has a built in filter to trap most of the large "chunks"...haven't had it apart to see just how fine a mesh is used. Most air pumps have the option of a filter/additional moisture trap to be added (the simplest one is in-line with the fill hose).

BobLong (paintball brand) does make a filtered fill nipple. Nice unit, has it's own screw on metal nipple cover. Consider it when the time comes for a change.

Respond to this message   

(Login spark22)
YF

well I prefer to use a scuba tank filled at my local dive shop

December 31 2008, 5:50 PM 

top quality clean dry high pressure air and only.I use the pump when the tank runs low to top off the gun or if I cant take the tank with me.A 80CF 3000psi tank gets you at least 65 full fills that = a whole lot of pumping!

Respond to this message   

(Login waunderin)
YFOT

yep, i just put in

December 31 2008, 8:46 PM 

110 pump strokes, huffing and puffing. john

Respond to this message   

(Login Backyardsniper1)
YC

Re: dry / contaminated air

December 31 2008, 8:30 PM 

I use an alluminum tank to fill mine.
I know the Hill hand pump has a moisture trap filter. I saw someone with a compressor that also had a moisture trap filter or filters on it.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - dry / contaminated air
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums from people under 18 years old, only with legal guardian(s) present.