<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Discovery on the bag...

May 18 2009 at 11:10 AM
  (Login richwoods)
YF

I used my Discovery .22 cal in a Bench Rest Match yesyerday. It was a blast...targets were NRA 50 foot set at 50 yards from the benches...we had crosswinds all day gusting at times to 6-8 mph...

Shot 3 relays using 3 shots per bull on 10 bulls per target.Total 90 shots for the match.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

My Discovery .22 cal/6-24x42 Barska Mil Dot/JSB express 14.3 GR...

My match targets....

This message has been edited by richwoods on May 18, 2009 11:30 AM
This message has been edited by richwoods on May 18, 2009 11:12 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login MangesMade)
YF

Interesting pictures

May 18 2009, 2:26 PM 

I enjoyed the pictures. Six months ago, I had no idea such air guns existed. Lots of eye candy everywhere, awesome shop/shooting room ?
Awesome groups, what's the diameter of the targets on a 50 foot air rifle target ? Thanks
EDIT.....my wife just walked by and spent some time looking at the pictures, she also enjoyed them.

This message has been edited by MangesMade on May 18, 2009 2:33 PM

Respond to this message   

(Login richwoods)
YF

Hi Mike...

May 18 2009, 3:39 PM 

Glad you enjoyed the pics...the owners garage is set up with shop in rear...plus the three benches for the matches..and he can still squeeze his car in there...lol..

The targets are NRA A36...Tagboard (Heavy Paper)10" x 12"
1-3/8" Black Bulls...
There are 12 bulls(two used as sighters)
50 Foot Smallbore Rifle

The wind is always a factor at these matches...persistant crosswinds with occasional headwinds makes scoring at 50 yards a challenge...

Shooting off the bag as I was with a bolt action hunter rifle made it difficult to be consistant...I was fortunate to keep most in the black...when wind dropped,I was able to put a couple of 3 shot groups together...but hitting the 10 ring was tough..

This message has been edited by richwoods on May 18, 2009 3:47 PM

Respond to this message   

waunderin
(Login waunderin)
YFOT

how did it

May 18 2009, 4:20 PM 

compair with the other guns shown? would it be competive? i have to make it to one of john m's matches and see what it is all about, if the weather ever gets better. we only been getting summer weather for a day or two at a time. many of those guns look to be very specialized. john

Respond to this message   

(Login richwoods)
YF

Only way...

May 18 2009, 4:51 PM 

..from advice I received....

..is to reduce trigger pull weight down to 1 1/2-2Lbs and tune for 30 consistant shots...that would be a good start...

My Discovery is tuned "front loaded" for hunting...so I get 20 shots in the 897 FPS range...so by making it more efficient by smoothing the power curve will help...

If I had a lighter trigger,I could have shot better and been more consistant...and that is something I'm going to pursue...reason I don't want to go lighter than 1 1/2 lbs is I still want to hunt with it without shooting a hole in my foot...lol...

Some of those USFT rifles are down to well less than a pound trigger pull...

This message has been edited by richwoods on May 18, 2009 5:04 PM
This message has been edited by richwoods on May 18, 2009 4:59 PM

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Discovery on the bag...
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums from people under 18 years old, only with legal guardian(s) present.