<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Maybe a dumb question - longer barrel for Discovery

December 8 2009 at 11:43 PM
Mach-1  (Login Mach-1)
AR&P

Why is no one offering a longer barrel for the Discovery?

Seems to me a longer barrel would make mounting a TKO LDC so much nicer. Been waiting for someone to offer one... not finding it so... have to ask the question.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login TKO22)
YF

The difficulty is making barrels longer than 24"...

December 9 2009, 9:41 AM 

The Discovery barrel is 24" now. There are very few airgun barrels that are longer than that. I have an unknown .177 airgun barrel that is around 26", but I have never seen another. I also have a .22 caliber airgun barrel that is 28" long (unfinished ends), but it is also 16mm in diameter and very heavy.

The TKO Stage V brake fits the standard Discovery barrel quite well. The fill cap needs to be altered or use a "clip-on" fill nipple protector (not too difficult to do with a dremel, or we can do it for you.)

MIke T.
TKO Airguns

---+---

Respond to this message   

(Login 21grains)
YC

Longer than 24" Factory Disco barrels avalable.

December 9 2009, 2:49 PM 

England; With 1/2" threaded muzzel end w/screw-on cap for TKO-LDC. Review in AirgunWorld mag.Forget what month it was. Spain should have them too Im trying now My self, will post if it comes.

Respond to this message   

(Login Mach-1)
AR&P

Yes the Euro Crosman barrel

December 9 2009, 5:50 PM 

The EURO Discovery barrel would be ideal. Last time I called Crosman they wouldn't sell it in the USA.

Respond to this message   
Mach-1
(Login Mach-1)
AR&P

Yes your TKO breaks are top notch - NT

December 9 2009, 5:31 PM 

Respond to this message   
Sam B
(Login PCPSambo)
YF

Put on a TOW barrel liner

December 10 2009, 6:34 AM 

I put a 30" .25 cal (.243 / .250) Track of the Wolf barrel liner (+- $130) on my Disco and have never looked back! The extra length does help get more energy out of the pellet. Can get up to 35 fpe with the power adjuster all the way in.

You can add the transfer port to the barrel liner blank if you have access to a drill press. Check the forums, proper bit size, etc, can be found if you look for the 1/4" PVC transfer port mod. Use the original as a guide for hole placement from the breech end of the barrel. Crown the end (again, cruise the forums), and ease the breech end - I chucked my drill in the vise and supported the free end of the barrel so as to not fry the drill bearings.

Was surprised at the accuracy - quick tests indicate it can punch 1 holers at 20yds, and spin a teaspoon consistently at 50yds from a sitting position - and for me that's a feat! Need to get some bench time for more on this front, but for now I'm happy.

Other mods (for the curious) - dialed the hammer spring up to .041", opened up the port, RJ Breech, James Linthcum stock. I was surprised to get this kind of power jump without rear cocking or DAQ style hammer.

Sam B

"Happiness is a cool gun..."

Disco .25 ~ Disco .22 ~ Disco .22 Pistol ~ 1377

Respond to this message   
Mach-1
(Login Mach-1)
AR&P

Cool 25 cal with 35fpe - nice long range shooter

December 10 2009, 1:29 PM 

That is cool just not exactly where I wanted to go. Would like to stay with 22 cal or 177. Just want a longer barrel.

Since no one makes one and I'm not able to do the high end mods some of you guys do... will just have to live with a stock barrel.

Respond to this message   
Sam B
(Login PCPSambo)
YF

yes, unfortunately not many options in .22

December 10 2009, 4:56 PM 

The TOW is at best a .218 / .222, I seem to recall that airgun .22's are more like .216 / .218 (please correct me on this), so probably not the way to go.

Sorry, last last time I forgot to post the link -

http://www.trackofthewolf.com/(S(a3xwt2u5vw30c055p21pqv55))/categories/tableList.aspx?catID=14&subID=142&styleID=483

Happy shooting!

Sam B

"Happiness is a cool gun..."

Disco .25 ~ Disco .22 ~ Disco .22 Pistol ~ 1377

Respond to this message   

(Login twhooper)
YF12

Curious... what pellets shoot the best out of your TOW barrel..? nt

December 12 2009, 12:31 PM 

LUK
Be Well... Tom
Think as though you LIFE depends on it...IT DOES!
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Maybe a dumb question - longer barrel for Discovery
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums from people under 18 years old, only with legal guardian(s) present.