<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

What a diffrence,a Pellet Makes!

March 5 2010 at 12:43 PM

(Login rks1949)
YF

I've been shooting the Mrod with Crosman CPH's,and they shoot well. I did have some trouble with the barrel leading up,and after a through cleaning,I've went back to the Slip 2000 syn oil,for pellet lube, No more fouling! happy.gif Being one to never leave things alone,I started to experiment with the CPL's (7.9grs.) in the Mrod. My gun is tuned to shoot the CPH's @ 859fps. So I ran some CPL's through the crony and got the following readings,with the same settings. LV: 927.9 fps. HV: 936.1 AV: 932.4fps. ES: 8.18fps. SD: 3.0fps. After looking at the numbers.I thought.this pellet is really consistant,with great speed (flat trajectory) and decent energy @ 15.4 FPE. So the best test was to shoot them,and it was a eye opener! happy.gif They shoot as well,or better than the CPH's in my Mrod,with a much improved trajectory! I spotted a starling in a tree at 40yds (the gun's set zero is at 40yds.),but a limb was in the way covering most of his body. His head,neck,and very top of his chest were all that was showing,so I decided to "try a neck" shot. I settled down into the rest (I'm lousy at shooting off hand)placed the crosshairs on his neck,and squeezed the trigger. At the shot he dropped out of the tree like a rock! :^) After picking the bird up,the pellet had almost cut his neck off. I think I've found my new favorite pellet for the .177 Mrod! I'm sure they won't do as well in windy conditions as the heavier pellets,but the lazer like trajectory is something to see,and should work great at 50yds,and under for birds,tree rats,ect. I may try to increase the velocity for a flatter trajectory,yet but I'm not sure how fast I can push the CPL's before the accuracy goes South! With all the adjustments on the Mrod,you can make it do what you want,it's also hard to leave the adjustments alone (for me anyway). I really like this gun. Ron [IMG][linked image][/IMG] [IMG][linked image][/IMG]

This message has been edited by rks1949 on Mar 6, 2010 7:24 AM
This message has been edited by rks1949 on Mar 5, 2010 2:22 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login linarestribe)
YF

Re: What a diffrence,a Pellet Makes!

March 5 2010, 4:55 PM 

The Mrod is my first pcp and I am amazed. Glad to see others enjoying theirs.

Respond to this message   

(Login rks1949)
YF

Caught this guy raiding the

March 6 2010, 8:13 AM 

bird feeder this morning. Now he's just hangi'n around! happy.gif Ron [IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Respond to this message   

(Login rks1949)
YF

Got a Pidgeon too! Using the DBRS (dead bird retrieval system )

March 6 2010, 9:18 AM 

or better known as Belle, (our Lab) sure makes picking up the birds easy! As soon as the bird falls,she's off after it! Shooting the pidgeon,was like getting a shot at a 10 point buck! happy.gif Ron [IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - What a diffrence,a Pellet Makes!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums from people under 18 years old, only with legal guardian(s) present.