<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Depinger

March 26 2010 at 10:53 AM

(Login BrerBob)
YC

I'm getting ready to install my Dan B Depinger. I'm also trying to get a Greg Davis extension. So if I install the depinger now I'll have to recenter it when I install the extension.

To make that easier I ran a 7/16 tap through it to enable threading a bolt into it to pull it back. The bolt would need to be at least 9 inches long or better which I believe I can get at the hardware store but I might just pick up a length of threaded rod that would more than do the trick.

[linked image]

What has anyone else tried for "retrieval"? Was there something easier? I happened to have some tap and dies from my engine building days so at least it didn't cost me.

Bob
I live in a State of Confusion (Jersey)

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login linarestribe)
YF

great idea.

March 26 2010, 12:04 PM 

nt

Respond to this message   

(Login BrerBob)
YC

WOW! Am I happy with the results!!!!

March 27 2010, 10:29 AM 

Installed it last evening. Not hearing the ping when I shot I thought that the gun was low on air or something!!

Thanks Dan B!!

Bob

Respond to this message   

(Login MoleEye)
YC

Hi Bob

March 27 2010, 8:32 PM 

Nice job on the tapping, I'm betting you probably won't have to move the depinger, placement isn't too critical, but now you're ready just in case.

Regards,

DanB

Respond to this message   

(Login BrerBob)
YC

Hi Dan!!

March 28 2010, 8:14 PM 

I was antsy to put the Depinger in without the extension so I tapped it in only 6 inches instead of 8. I figured I'd be 2 inches off center (and I'd be happy with whatever results were gained) but when I installed the extension I'd only be a negligible 1 inch off and not have to bother moving it. Being 2 inches off center I was thrilled with the results so I know being 1 inch off after I install the extension won't be an issue at all as to its effectiveness.

Thanks again!
Bob

Bob

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Depinger
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums from people under 18 years old, only with legal guardian(s) present.