<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Question for Marauder owners...

December 29 2010 at 10:19 PM

(Login DiaboloDave)
YC

I just got in a .22 cal Marauder. The shroud sits "low" in the barrel band, you can tell there is a little droop, the bottom of the shroud is maybe 1/16" from touching the band at the 6:00 position. Should I be concerned that the shroud is not in the exact center of the barrel band? My .177 Maruader is perfectly in the center....
Much thanks,
Dave

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Lou
(Login Lammy1000)
YF

Seat the shroud fully rearward

December 30 2010, 5:31 PM 

and by now you have sited the rifle. How did this go? Any shimming needed?

I hope others are enjoying their Marauders. My latest fun has been hitting the Caldwell resetable reactive targets shot at 55 yards. I wish I could hit them shooting standing, but the need for a benchrest position is evident.

Respond to this message   

(Login DiaboloDave)
YC

How do you seat it? nt

December 30 2010, 11:07 PM 

Respond to this message   

(Login Lammy1000)
YF

Re: How do you seat it? nt

December 31 2010, 3:48 PM 

Unscrew the muzzle cap and the shroud is pretty much friction fitted.

Respond to this message   

(Login DiaboloDave)
YC

I checked it...it is definitely seated. nt

January 1 2011, 3:51 PM 

Respond to this message   
rich
(Login woj333)
YC

Marauder new/old design

December 31 2010, 10:52 PM 

Learned recently from Crosman: the new design has a larger opening (air gap)in upper part of the ring (yoke) around the barrel; older design had it tight. I prefer it tight. You may push a 0.05" or so ring of metal in between...

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Question for Marauder owners...
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums from people under 18 years old, only with legal guardian(s) present.