<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Does anybody shoot their Disco just as it comes from the factory?

June 17 2012 at 7:01 PM
Dan  (Login dlishin)
YF

It seems most people are into modding their Discos. Is anybody out there who is satisfied with it out of the box?

I am not averse to mods - I built a pretty slick 1377 carbine.

I am just not sure I want to drop a lot of additional money on a Disco just to shoot targets/plink. I recently acquired a new Benji pump on a trade so now I need a gun to go with it. I really have the hots for an Air Force Edge but it is right at the limit of my budget.

I want something I can shoot in my basement as well as outside.

I also have an assortment of springers and CO2 guns for pest control so my venture into the pcp realm will be limited.

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

ray1377
(Login ray1377)
AR&P

I haven't done a thing to mine--

June 17 2012, 10:39 PM 

My wife bought me a .177 caliber disco for Christmas in 2010.
And I haven't changed a single screw on it.
It actually loves the inexpensive Crosman hollowpoint 7.9 gr. pellets that walmart sells.
Dime size groups at 40+ yards are easy.
I put a 3-9x32 Centerpoint scope on it and made a sling to make it easier to carry
when I squirrel hunt with it.
And to date, my longest squirrel kill shot is 56 yds.
I fill to 2000 psi and the gun will shoot a half inch high until the pressure reaches
1800 psi, and then is flat and dead on until reaching 1200 psi.
I liked this gun so much, I downloaded the parts manual and ordered all the pieces to build myself a .22 caliber version.
It is not stock and is tuned for 35 fpe with 21.4 gr. H&N Barracudas.
I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good PCP.
Ray

This message has been edited by ray1377 on Jun 17, 2012 10:39 PM

Respond to this message   
JohnL57
(Login JohnL57)
YF

How many shots do you get in the 1800-1200 slot?

June 19 2012, 12:45 PM 

I just got a Katana which is a souped up disco-I'm only getting 10 shots in the sweet spot-seems like there should be more? John

Respond to this message   

(Login JoeDzek)
YF12

.22 Disco

June 18 2012, 11:59 AM 

Hum, I replied once, and the internet must have eaten it. :^) My .22 Disco is about 8 months old. I shot it as-is, open sights, for 6 months. It had two slight POI shift problems: a slight POI shift after a tank fill and a slight POI shift as the tank pressure changed. Otherwise it was fine. I sent it to TKO22 for a tuning. Mike found that the breech screws were loose and that can cause both POI shifts. No more POI shifts now. I added-on a Centerpoint 3-9x50AO acope that I had. It just fits and I had to remove the rear barrel sight. Mike chronied it around 830 fps using 15.9g JSBs for around 22-23 fpe. I use 14.3g Crosman Hollowpoints. At 33 yards, 10 shot groups, I can hit a penny sized bulls eye 8 of 10 times. The TKO22 muzzle brake also reduces the sound level from a 4 to a 2. Both pre and post tuning, I was very pleased with the .22 Disco. I get about 20-25 shots while the pressure is in the meter's green zone. I also put on a Limbsaver butt pad to give me another inch on the stock. The Disco has no kick. Great gun as-is. Just check those breech screws. :^)

This message has been edited by JoeDzek on Jun 18, 2012 12:03 PM

Respond to this message   

(Login tom2009)
AR&P

The only MOD I did was the trigger

June 18 2012, 12:18 PM 

I changed the factory trigger with the Byron and associates part and that make a world of difference. I shoot field target with mine I do believe it is competitive if I do my part I can hold 1/2" at 55yards off a bi-pod YMMV. If you use a big scope you may have to adjust the Windage adjustment its only a few clicks left or right.

Live Simply

Respond to this message   
Mach-1
(Login Mach-1)
AR&P

Yes and No

June 25 2012, 11:35 PM 

First one shot bad out of the box. Required quite a bit of work to get it shooting right.

Second one, two years newer, shot great of the box. No mod needed. So I modified it anyway. Wanted lower power so I put on a power adjuster. Wanted a better stock so put on some new wood. Also slapped on a 25" barrel.

It shoots quite a bit better with all those mods. But the average person would have been very happy with the second Discovery right out of the box.

Respond to this message   
Alan
(Login AlanMcD)
YF

I bet most Disco buyers are not on the forums . . . .

June 27 2012, 9:54 AM 

Remember you have to consider the fact that you can't ask those that are not on the forums - and I bet that the majority of Disco buyers are not regulars on the forums. They may have visited to read before buying, but I doubt they even register, let alone hang around much after they buy their guns and find them acceptable.

I bet most Discos (and most other guns for that matter) spend their life in stock configuraiton.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Does anybody shoot their Disco just as it comes from the factory?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums from people under 18 years old, only with legal guardian(s) present.