<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

New 1720T

March 24 2013 at 11:52 PM
Russ H  (Login Shooter1961)

Shoots great, but leaks down to almost empty in 8 to 10 hours. Can't find a leak externally so assume it must be the valve. Can mis adjusting the hammer tension and the stroke lenght put pressure on the valve pin when the gun is uncocked cause a leak down?

The other thing is a pretty good blast of air coming from the frame when fired. Abnormal or air escaping from the shroud.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Chris Berry
(Login chrisgtcs)
YF

Mine was the same way...

March 27 2013, 10:35 PM 

With leaking down and I also have noticed some air blast from under the breech. The leaking over night was from around the gauge and it leaked from day one. I have since tried 3 new gauges before I found one that did not leak( for now ). I have also noticed a great deal of oil from my new gun coming from around the breech when shooting and also noticed this coming from the gauge area when replacing. I think the oil does something to breaking down sealant tape and causes gun to leak. Just my thoughts. It is a very accurate pistol and I hope mine is fixed!

Respond to this message   
marc
(Login markasaurus)
YF12

Re: New 1720T

April 16 2013, 10:09 AM 

Chris had a good response, 7 times of 10 when they leak air it's from the gauge. Take is one way to go, however, if you use the white sealant paste and let it dry over night, it is impervious to small amounts of oil and won't break down like the tape.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums from people under 18 years old, only with legal guardian(s) present.