<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Add an M4 stock to your Marauder pistol and others

April 29 2013 at 8:16 AM
Bill Dempsey  (Login rzrbax)
YC

Well today is the last day at the show in Malvern, Arkansas, and I thought I would pass on
something I discovered here. Ever want to put an adjustable M4 style stock on a Benjamin Marauder pistol or a Crosman 1700, 1701, 1720T, or even a Quackenbush pistol? Well, an adapter is being made for that purpose, and it allows for "....true cast off, cast on, vertical, horizontal adjustments and anything in between" as well as cant. The parts are machined high quality aluminum and steel, and are blued or anodized black. Here are some pics to illustrate the adapter:

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

For more information on this product the website ishttp://rarmsinnovations.com

Bill

Bill Dempsey
bdempsey@swat.coop

This message has been edited by rzrbax on Apr 29, 2013 8:16 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Mach-1
(Login Mach-1)
AR&P

Looks cool - do they hold up?

April 29 2013, 1:11 PM 

Have seen adapters like that for some time now by various suppliers. They do look nice and functional too.

Always thought that the small amount of steel holding the stock could prove to be to weak should the gun see any abuse. Not saying it is too weak, so do not misunderstand, just wondering if it might be.

Can anyone that has owned such a solution comment on it?

Respond to this message   
R.A.I.
(Login RArmsInnovations)
YF12

Absolutely

April 30 2013, 1:43 AM 

Mach-1, I own the exact adapter that is pictured because I am the designer of that product and owner of R.A.I.. The tube that the end cap is secured to is not cheap mild steel,it has to be able to withstand and sustain a working pressure of 3000 psi.Also the end cap itself is a healthy piece of steel.Thank You for the compliment that it looks cool and mine is extremely functional,It had to be, I designed it for my son who is getting into the sport and if it did not fit him his groups would not be very appealing. Kids lose interest fast if they are not happy with their results.I have designed the only AR stock adapter that is fully adjustable for horizontal,vertical,and diagonal movement of the buffer tube,and cant of butstock is controlled by where you tighten the lock ring down.This come about to allow perfect eye alignment with the scope.It was done this way so he could grow into the P-rod and still be shooting good groups many years in the future.I liked the end result so much, I set up a P-rod the same way and am loving it.Shot a 59 out of 60 with it tonight at silhouette's.My adapter is made of aircraft grade aluminum and mil spec anodized, held together with a quality capscrew that is vented to prevent hammer vacuum.Much stronger and way better fit than the factory.I don't want this response to sound like a promotion,I just wanted to address the strength issue for you,and clarify that the one pictured is not like any others out there.

Respond to this message   
Mach-1
(Login Mach-1)
AR&P

Thank you for the input -- NT

May 1 2013, 1:00 PM 

Respond to this message   
Jamie
(Login USMCShooter)
YF

Is it vented by any chance? I've got one from someone

May 5 2013, 8:14 PM 

else, and it causes accuracy pressure issues.....the gun shoots up to 10 inches right at high pressure....it will shoot two mags right on the money from 2400 down to 1800psi....but aired to 3000psi, it will shoot 10 inches to the right and slowly march it's way left as the gun airs down....

I definitely like the cast-off of this model though....the straight one makes the use of high rings a must, and I like to keep the scope as close to the barrel as possible.

Also, is this a Tippman adapter or just AR?

s/f

Jamie

This message has been edited by USMCShooter on May 5, 2013 8:17 PM

Respond to this message   
R.A.I.
(Login RArmsInnovations)
YF12

Answer to inquiry

May 5 2013, 11:27 PM 

Jamie, Yes it is vented,When in prototype phase I noticed that without being vented the velocity was erratic due to vacuum on the hammer.So after venting the unit things returned to normal,so before putting into production I made sure the bugs were all worked out.We wanted ours to be as accurate as possible. I am very happy with the end result.This adapter transforms the P-Rod into a very accurate lightweight pellet gun.However in your question you mentioned problems when filling to 3000psi.Initially I noticed it being off when first filled to 3000psi for a few shots,after researching it,someone online was saying they had similar issues and they corrected the problem by filling to less pressure. Now I only fill to around 2750 and things are consistent.Our guns are completely stock right now,If a person had a stronger hammer spring or heavier hammer filling to 3000 may be okay. As of right now I am only mass producing adapters made to take the AR Style buffer tubes because In my opinion this is a stronger set up than the Tippman stock plastic rod.If I get enough requests for it to use the Tippman style I will make them available.the buffer tube has to be made for a actual AR because the copies made for air soft AR's have smaller threads where they screw into the receiver ,but I have been told that the stock itself should be interchangeable. Feel free to check out my website and email me any questions you may have. www.rarmsinnovations.com

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums from people under 18 years old, only with legal guardian(s) present.