<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Sell your Amazon stock - Internet Tax Passed

May 7 2013 at 1:45 PM
Mach-1  (Login Mach-1)
AR&P

Just heard it on the radio... not seeing it in the news yet. This will impact companies like Amazon.

Five to ten percent on a major purchase is nothing to sneeze at. Every $200 spending is taxed at the rate of one tin of pellets... outrageous. Dang it... even PA will start charging tax for pellets. Not to mention the price increases to pay for all that additional paperwork.

I'm going to pull up some major purchases I had planned for later... just to avoid those taxes.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Rick C
(Login rcashen)
YC

Has not passed the house yet

May 7 2013, 1:54 PM 

And it may not if our reps do as they are told.

Rick C.

Respond to this message   
Mach-1
(Login Mach-1)
AR&P

Guess that explains it

May 7 2013, 4:12 PM 

Didn't pass... that must be the reason I couldn't find any news about it passing. I'm neutral on the topic - can see both sides of the debate.

My tipping point is that it is just another tax source for our already over funded government. Feeding those monsters more money is a bad choice.

As such I'm against this new tax for the same reason as any other tax. It is my desire to put the government on a money diet... not pile on more.

Respond to this message   

buster
(Login threex4)
AR&P

I have been getting taxed by Amazon for awhle now

May 7 2013, 7:18 PM 

Texas already has a internet tax in the state, but only if you buy in state or they have a center in the state as Amazon has. I remember buying a QB from a dealer in state and had to pay taxes on the item.
the internat tax is a state tax, not federal so I dont even understand why the Fed congress is even considering it.
BIG business cant compeate, bull I say. then make more loclly than they would online, which they also do but the state loses their share of taxes not collected.\

Buster
\\\ X ////
one step closer to the ultimate goal

Respond to this message   
scot laughlin
(Login classicalgas)
YF

and what does this have to do with Benjamin PCP's?

May 8 2013, 12:28 AM 

It belong in the off topic(or better yet R&P ) forum

Respond to this message   
Mach-1
(Login Mach-1)
AR&P

Agreed... posted it here by mistake - NT

May 15 2013, 1:09 AM 

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums from people under 18 years old, only with legal guardian(s) present.