<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

HPA Crosman Conversions Max Achievable Power ?

May 9 2013 at 4:39 PM
Keith  (Login keith1wylde)
YF

Hi Guys,
Could you HPA conversion experts out there give me an idea of what power levels are achievable on Conversions of the Crosman 2250 and 2260 based rifles, I found some great info a couple of years back with some conversions a guy had done and posted some photos of them on his decking but can't find these now for the life of me.
many thanks, Keith

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
knt
(Login Rescue912)
YF

I have a couple 2250XTs ...

May 9 2013, 5:13 PM 

... and on CO2 they run about 710FPS with CP domes, about 16 FPE. I run a crosmods paintball tank adapter and in the fall I switch them to HPA and they go hunting. Haven't chrono'd them with the 1100PSI regulated bottles but I would guess it was higher than CO2.

The other builder was probably "Noodles", he has built several also and posted lots of pix of them around the pool.

Might also search for "rsterne". Bob has wrung about everything possible out of a 2260 and even done big bore conversions.

Respond to this message   
robert
(Login gubb33ps)
YF

Havent' done all the "tricks".

May 9 2013, 5:28 PM 

But did max out a 2260 HiPac conversion with the standard Crosman valve and a prototype high power valve. Normally will set it in the sedate 15-16 foot pound area and hunt tree squirrels with it, but when I got the new valve, had to see what it could do.

TEST GUN:

[img width=600 height=219][linked image][/img]

Other than the stock and 2240 trigger unit, it's pretty much a steeel breech 2260.

MAX TEST (max effort):

Substituted the "red" spring. Had to grind off one coil to get the gun to cock at all and the effort in cocking it is excessive.
Upper sweet spot pressure = 185BAR

Issue Crosman valve (just the piercing pin removed):
14.3gr. = 819 - 789fps = 12 shots = 20.5 foot pounds per shot
21gr. = 729 - 699fps = 13 shots = 23.8 foot pounds per shot

New Valve:
14.3g. = 926 - 896fps = 10 shots = 26.4 foot pounds per shot
21gr. = 810 - 780fps = 11 shots = 29.5 foot pounds per shot

Am sure more energy could be gotten (at fewer shots per fill), but it's kind of already pushing things.

This message has been edited by gubb33ps on May 9, 2013 5:31 PM

Respond to this message   
Keith
(Login keith1wylde)
YF

Cheers Guys

May 9 2013, 5:43 PM 

thanks for the responses

Respond to this message   

JOHN DI STEFANO
(Login jds222)
YC

try jdsairman

May 16 2013, 1:28 PM 

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums from people under 18 years old, only with legal guardian(s) present.