<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Anyone out there using the BNM breech and shroud on their Discovery?

June 5 2013 at 10:04 PM
JohnL57  (Login JohnL57)
YF

I've been struggling with POI shifts on my Discovery/Katana. I think I'm getting there, definitely had to rework the transfer port to get the breech down in front. I'd love to have a repeater with a shroud at the low fill pressure that the Discovery uses. So, what kind of accuracy do you BNM breech users get and how do you like the setup?
Thanks,
John

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Mike C
(Login mormegil83)
YF12

I have the breech...

June 6 2013, 9:25 AM 

Get the rear bolt!!! First I got the side bolt and would have loved the ergonomics but that was the most difficult thing to cock ever! Had to get just the right leverage for the thing to budge. Luckily Sergio let me exchange it for the rear bolt. Now that one is buttery smooth! happy.gif

I have a TKO ldc on mine but I've heard the bnm shroud is similarly quiet...

Respond to this message   
JohnL57
(Login JohnL57)
YF

Does your POI stay stable with the BNM?

June 6 2013, 9:44 AM 

If I remember right from the install video, the BNM uses a new transfer port, which hopefully will fix my POI shifts along with giving me a repeater. Thanks for the tip on the rear bolt by the way.
John

Respond to this message   
Mike C
(Login mormegil83)
YF12

It's been good enough for me.

June 6 2013, 9:58 AM 

I'm no bench rest target shooter, so I can't really speak to well on this. But as far as plinking and pest elimination, I haven't found accuracy to be an issue. I also have a Bryan and Associates 19" crosman barrel on it now. But has been accurate enough with both...

Respond to this message   

Larry Miller
(Login breakfastchef)
YF

Accuracy Is Very Good In Single Shot

July 11 2013, 10:15 PM 

Using a single shot tray, accuracy is quite good with a BNM breach. Using a magazine though, you may see your groups open up a little bit. Probably something you would not notice pesting or plinking, but benchresting for pinpoint accuracy, you will see some slight variation. Just the nature of magazines and friction, I suppose.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums from people under 18 years old, only with legal guardian(s) present.