<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Where can I buy one of Scott's LW hammers for an M-Rod?

June 8 2013 at 11:55 PM
WoodbineEric  (Login WoodbineEric)
YF12

Again, I lost my contract information.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Pat
(Login hddriver1)
YF

Getting a hold of Scott

June 15 2013, 10:24 AM 

Scott is on Gate to Air Gunshttp://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?action=forum) as MOTORHEAD and also on the Marauder web site http://www.marauderairrifle.com/forum/index.php?sid=baabf982203330e3fd677925707c70bf) and his handle is Motorhead.
pat

Respond to this message   

Scott
(Login Namba963)
YF12

Right here ...

June 15 2013, 6:01 PM 

Make em up as needed these days ( Being AGE is no longer importing regulators ) sales are not what they once were.

$40 + $3 postage domestic.

LMK if ya need one.

Scott

Respond to this message   
Jkam
(Login jkam)
YF

How does Hammer change ......

June 23 2013, 3:23 PM 

Just curious - how does changing the hammer effect the performance of the Mrod ? Is it for more power or
accuracy or what ? Please let me know - I thought the condor was the only AG which could be moded .

This message has been edited by jkam on Jun 23, 2013 3:24 PM

Respond to this message   

Scott
(Login Namba963)
YF12

Well ...

June 25 2013, 7:04 PM 

For starters ... LW hammers being for REGULATED guns ONLY.

When a gun such as the m-rod gets Regged, valve is operating on @ 1850# and weight of the factory hammer is excessive and opens valve too far and too long giving excessive dwell wasting air.
Weight tests found a hammer of less weight @ 26-28 grams was a optimum weight for opening valve with minimal spring tension or NOT requiring a heavier one. Guns shhots with equal velocity but MUCH less dwell giving much improved efficiency.

Stock hammer with regulation was good for @ 30-32 very consistent shots in the sweet spot.
LW hammer with regulation does 52 shots at the same velocity !!

That my friend is finding some seriously improvement !

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums from people under 18 years old, only with legal guardian(s) present.