This Essbase discussion board is provided as a free service and dedicated to all the Essbase professionals out there!

Return to Index  

Dimension Build with Shared Members

February 22 2002 at 1:35 PM
No score for this post
Tom Lewis 
from IP address 209.130.194.18

I need to build a dimension using Parent/Child references from a load file that is not in any particular order. This would ordinarily be no problem since I can allow moves when I load the dimension, but there need to be shared members in the dimension. When the load encounters a shared member, it moves the initial member rather than creating a duplicate member.

I have tried loading the dimension in two passes, first allowing moves, then without moves, and this almost works... but it makes the first occurance of a member shared, and the last occurance a stored member rather than the other way around.

If I have to I can manually edit the outine to fix this, but it seems that there must be a better way. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Dim build with shared members - Steve Johnson on Feb 22, 2002, 5:34 PM
    1. Right on, Steve! You are correct - Zippy the cat on Feb 26, 2002, 3:08 PM
      1. Shared Member using Load Rules. - admin on Oct 31, 2007, 12:22 AM
        1. Shared Member using Load Rules - Lakshmi Kumar Vadhula on Mar 29, 2012, 1:01 PM
          1. Re: Shared Member using Load Rules - Maxy Dsilva on Aug 9, 2012, 3:50 AM

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

RSS feed for this forum - http://www.network54.com/Forum/58296?xml=rss. Please email hypess (at) gmail.com, if you have any questions/feedback/issues.