Dimension Build with Shared MembersFebruary 22 2002 at 1:35 PM
No score for this post
|Tom Lewis |
from IP address 126.96.36.199
I need to build a dimension using Parent/Child references from a load file that is not in any particular order. This would ordinarily be no problem since I can allow moves when I load the dimension, but there need to be shared members in the dimension. When the load encounters a shared member, it moves the initial member rather than creating a duplicate member.
I have tried loading the dimension in two passes, first allowing moves, then without moves, and this almost works... but it makes the first occurance of a member shared, and the last occurance a stored member rather than the other way around.
If I have to I can manually edit the outine to fix this, but it seems that there must be a better way. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
- Dim build with shared members - Steve Johnson on Feb 22, 2002, 5:34 PM
- Right on, Steve! You are correct - Zippy the cat on Feb 26, 2002, 3:08 PM
- Shared Member using Load Rules. - admin on Oct 31, 2007, 12:22 AM
- Shared Member using Load Rules - Lakshmi Kumar Vadhula on Mar 29, 2012, 1:01 PM
- Re: Shared Member using Load Rules - Maxy Dsilva on Aug 9, 2012, 3:50 AM