This Essbase discussion board is provided as a free service and dedicated to all the Essbase professionals out there!

Return to Index  

Comshare refugee here

November 16 2009 at 3:28 PM
No score for this post
Cameron Lackpour 
from IP address 198.169.188.225

Response to System W

I heard that the Wizard to W rename was because of Avis' Wizard system.

I was just discussing ADL today with another ex-Comshare developer and lamenting its loss. If Comshare had ever figured out how to merge that with Essbase, it would have been a killer combination. That and not get successfully sued by Arbor.

Instead we have spent countless years trying to cobble together ETL tools to do what ADL did with ease. I guess that's what ODI is for nowadays. Hopefully ADL would have scaled with the times but we'll never know now.

Anyway, System W was where I cut my multidimensonal teeth.

Regards,

Cameron Lackpour

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Me too - Martin Slack on Nov 17, 2009, 8:02 AM
    1. Not an employee -- customer first, despised partner second - Cameron Lackpour on Nov 17, 2009, 12:17 PM

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

RSS feed for this forum - http://www.network54.com/Forum/58296?xml=rss. Please email hypess (at) gmail.com, if you have any questions/feedback/issues.