This Essbase discussion board is provided as a free service and dedicated to all the Essbase professionals out there!
 Return to Index  

Calc All

August 25 2011 at 6:19 PM
No score for this post
Arthur Pascual 
from IP address 209.36.244.253

Hello,

I performed a calc all in one of our production databases. The calc all took about little over an hour and the page files count understably doubled.

However, during our weekly maintenance (which includes validation, full back up export, and reload of full back up export into the database) the validation took 606 minutes (over 10 hours!)to validate. Because of this the full back up export script failed to launch so we had to manually reload the most recent full back up export which was from two weeks ago.

The only thing that's different about this week's database was the performance of calc all.

So to test, I did the same thing in our test database. I took the latest level 0 and reloaded that into the database and performed a calc all. The validation was successful and only took a little over an hour.

Can you please tell me why when I have the same exact outline and level 0 in a Test database and in Production database that I can perform calc all in Test but cannot perform calc all in Production without have the validation go over 10 hours?

Please help

Arthur

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Compression - Jeff McAhren on Aug 25, 2011, 6:25 PM
    1. Calc All - Arthur Pascual on Aug 25, 2011, 6:44 PM
      1. Re: Calc All - Jeff McAhren on Aug 26, 2011, 11:00 AM

2. What about the environments? - DaveF on Aug 26, 2011, 9:36 AM
    1. Depends... - John A. Booth on Aug 26, 2011, 12:41 PM

RSS feed for this forum - http://www.network54.com/Forum/58296?xml=rss. Please email hypess (at) gmail.com, if you have any questions/feedback/issues.