This Essbase discussion board is provided as a free service and dedicated to all the Essbase professionals out there!

Return to Index  

KScope 12 - feedback on abstract idea

September 22 2011 at 1:11 PM
No score for this post
Amit 
from IP address 216.118.213.30

Hello all,

I have not presented at KScope yet and I am hoping to submit an abstract for a solutions we are currently working on. I wanted to share the idea and get some feedback if people would like to see more detail on KScope.

Subject: HFM and Planning Integration

Use Case Situation:
1. You are a global company with worldwide user base.
2. You have HFM and Planning applications where budget and forecast needs to be consolidated.
3. Your Planning and HFM applications use different dimensionality and sharing data through EPMA library is not plausible.
4. You users work off hours and need to consolidate budget data multiple times in a day (Scheduled process to push data from Planning to HFM is not an option).
5. Your users currently use FDM to load budget from excel to HFM and can consolidate budgets as needed.
6. You need live integration between Planning and HFM where users can push data from Planning to HFM without any dependence on admin or scheduled process.

Solutions:
1. Use familiar user driven FDM process to create 'near'' live integration between Planning and HFM
2. Use integration to push data from Planning to HFM on demand.

Is this something you would be interested to see at KScope next year?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: KScope 12 - feedback on abstract idea - Robb Salzmann on Sep 22, 6:51 PM
  3. I would attend . . . - Jake Turrell on Sep 26, 10:36 AM
    1. Thanks Robb & Jake - appreciate the feedback (EOM) - Amit on Sep 28, 10:21 AM
      1. Abstract got selected for Kscope and presenting on June 28. Check out http://t.co/e1plV6 - Amit on Jun 27, 1:48 AM
        1. Good Luck - Stuart Game on Jun 28, 6:10 PM

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

RSS feed for this forum - http://www.network54.com/Forum/58296?xml=rss. Please email hypess (at) gmail.com, if you have any questions/feedback/issues.