This Essbase discussion board is provided as a free service and dedicated to all the Essbase professionals out there!

Return to Index  

Error in Dimension Building using Rules File.

December 2 2011 at 7:38 AM
No score for this post

from IP address 198.203.224.222

Hi All,

I am trying to create a Dimension using Dim Build Rules File and Text File.
The text file got member formulas for some members.

While loading, its giving some Warnings and Errors, but it is loaded and the Dimension is available.
When I looked into the Outline, Error is occuring at the members having formulas, saying "ERROR! FORMULA NOT LOADED".
But when I verify the formula for that member it is showing 'Formula verified successfully'.
There is no syntax error in the formula.

I did some R&D and came to know that it is giving error due to spaces in between the formula statements as all the statements are there in one line . When I split the statements line by line, its validating well and the error statement "ERROR! FORMULA NOT LOADED" is gone on the member.

My question here is, how can I overcome this error as I should not edit the Dim Build Text File and Outline manually. We are loading this through MAXL and it is Automated. It should load without errors.

Could anyone of you please help me in this regards.

Thanks in Advance

Regards...
Kumar

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: Error in Dimension Building using Rules File. - Robb Salzmann on Dec 2, 8:38 AM
    1. Re: Error in Dimension Building using Rules File. - Kumar on Dec 5, 8:16 AM
      1. Re: Error in Dimension Building using Rules File. - Jeff McAhren on Dec 5, 10:12 AM

2. Are you sure there are spaces there? - Feiga Englander on Dec 20, 2:52 PM
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

RSS feed for this forum - http://www.network54.com/Forum/58296?xml=rss. Please email hypess (at) gmail.com, if you have any questions/feedback/issues.