This Essbase discussion board is provided as a free service and dedicated to all the Essbase professionals out there!

Return to Index  

I think you're going to need both

March 17 2012 at 9:04 AM
No score for this post
Cameron Lackpour 
from IP address 98.111.163.67

Response to Follow up question

First off, I *really* encourage you to do this on a test copy of your database. This is a one-way trip with no undo.

Secondly, yes, you will need to refresh it.

Thirdly, yes, a full reaggregation (just to be safe) will be required.

And all of that is going to mean that you really (well, at least I would do this) need to check that nothing completely unexpected happens to your data. I've never personally hit that button, but depending on how much sorting (how deep) happens, you may be somewhat surprised at the results.

I write this cautionary note because I had a client that hit the button without realizing it wasn't just for his viewing purposes -- it resorted everything (which I guess isn't all that surprising) which then *crashed* Essbase on form calcs because it created forward references of Entities (I can tell you, I don't remember a whole lot from that project, but that particular day is burned forever in my mind, which I thought I was losing.) Actually, I no longer remember the calc that died but I do know that it threw .xcp files left, right, and center. Shudder.

Regards,

Cameron Lackpour

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Whoops, forgot to add, "You're welcome." - Cameron Lackpour on Mar 17, 9:05 AM
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

RSS feed for this forum - http://www.network54.com/Forum/58296?xml=rss. Please email hypess (at) gmail.com, if you have any questions/feedback/issues.