This Essbase discussion board is provided as a free service and dedicated to all the Essbase professionals out there!
 Return to Index  

Technically Angie I agree but...

March 17 2012 at 3:40 PM
No score for this post
Danp 
from IP address 67.84.231.37

Response to Re: Hmmm - Different point of view

Yes you can have a working partition where the cell counts do not match. But I try to never do it. The legal definition is that if a source cell maps to more than one target cell you are fine. To avoid the message in this case I will always create a second area that repeats the source cell mapping it only to the second target (the first area will also be changed to map the source cell to the first target).

In short the error message only looks for matching cell counts within an area - not accross the union of all areas.

But back to Anonymous original question - Angie is correct that your problem will occour due to differing issues with "Never Share" and "Implied Sharing" - Simply winnow down the size of each area and find where the counts do not match and fix as needed.

But a simple bso to aso conversion will not give you the speed you are looking for - what about attribute dims - you can not map to them in BSO?
Also you need to address stored vs dynamic hierarchies - dynamic will be slow in ASO.

And finally why do you need to map it back to BSO in the first place????????

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

RSS feed for this forum - http://www.network54.com/Forum/58296?xml=rss. Please email hypess (at) gmail.com, if you have any questions/feedback/issues.