This Essbase discussion board is provided as a free service and dedicated to all the Essbase professionals out there!
 Return to Index  

Re: Angie - You know what my answer will be ,,,

March 17 2012 at 6:43 PM
No score for this post
Tim Faitsch 
from IP address 24.14.10.153

Response to Angie - You know what my answer will be ,,,

The only problem with that theory is that you could give Essbase all the ram in the world and it won't necessarily help performance. I've done the testing with caches and you reach a point with very low caches where you don't get any better performance by adding more. Hopefully 11.1.2.2 will help, but the jury's still out... Essbase is almost always CPU bound and not I/O bound -- it's been like that as far back as I can remember. That's why partitioning is such a valuable tool -- you can use more CPU for a retrieval. I'd love it if they'd introduce virtual partitioning.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Tim - you are correct for BSO but not ASO - DanP on Mar 19, 2012, 12:45 PM
    1. I have to disagree - Cameron Lackpour on Mar 19, 2012, 1:32 PM
      1. I think our overlapping responses are getting confused - DanP on Mar 19, 2012, 2:54 PM
        1. Re: I think our overlapping responses are getting confused - Tim Faitsch on Mar 19, 2012, 3:52 PM
          1. Agree on ASO Cache Size but that was not the question - DanP on Mar 19, 2012, 5:46 PM
            1. Re: Agree on ASO Cache Size but that was not the question - Tim Faitsch on Mar 20, 2012, 7:37 AM

RSS feed for this forum - http://www.network54.com/Forum/58296?xml=rss. Please email hypess (at) gmail.com, if you have any questions/feedback/issues.