EPM 220.127.116.11 Relational Database server changeApril 23 2012 at 10:22 PM
No score for this post
from IP address 18.104.22.168
Our IT dept is planning to go through a datacenter migration that requires changing the (SQL Server 2008) relational database name that our Oracle EPM 22.214.171.124. repositories are configured to.
Does anyone have a recommended structure of steps that are needed to cover all configuration changes needed in the EPM environment to work on the new server name? I plan on running the EPM System Configurator, however I understand this may not cover all areas that need to be updated with the new repository server name?
Currently we utilize the following Oracle EPM products across three servers in which I will be running the EPM System Configurator in this order:
-SERVER03: Shared Services (HSS), Hyperion Reports
-SERVER01: Essbase, Provider Services (APS), Administration Services (EAS), Essbase Studio
-SERVER02: Planning, Calc Manager, Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), EPMA
I've found the following Oracle Knowledge Base recommended steps for Shared Services.
How To Change Shared Services Database Repository in EPM 11 [ID 976279.1]
1. Navigate to EPM_ORACLE_INSTANCE/config/foundation/126.96.36.199.
2. Backup/copy the reg.properties file.
3. Delete the reg.properties file.
4. Restart EPM System Configurator.
5. Reconfigure the Shared Services database by selecting "Connect to a previously configured database."
Any helpful recommendations are greatly appreciated, thanks!
- Not pretty but EPM 188.8.131.52 reconfigured to new relational db! - Anonymous on Apr 25, 11:44 AM
- How to change database name EPM 184.108.40.206 - Jess on May 7, 9:08 PM
- would like info on changing the database - Kurt Reece-Peeplez on May 15, 4:21 PM
- Re: Not pretty but EPM 220.127.116.11 reconfigured to new relational db! - Anonymous on May 29, 12:03 PM
- Pls email steps to reconfigure DB - Franc on Sep 15, 4:01 PM
- Re: EPM 18.104.22.168 Relational Database server change - TN on May 30, 4:34 PM
- Error EPM System Configurator - Anonymous on Jun 12, 10:16 AM
- EPMA database migration to new server - John on Nov 30, 1:53 AM