This Essbase discussion board is provided as a free service and dedicated to all the Essbase professionals out there!

Return to Index  

ASO Tuning

May 2 2012 at 8:08 AM
No score for this post

from IP address 195.234.39.220

I've recently converted one of our BSO cube of sales to ASO and added in an extra generation under office ( 12 offices), that represents the clients for the office ( approx 750,000 clients in total).

Cube structure is basicly:

date - hierarchy of year, year/month, day/month/year
product - hierarchy of product group(12), product code (120,000)
office - hierarchy of office code (12), clients ( 750,000 ).

Data facts
transaction count
transaction value

After loading the cube with just one months data, and played around a little with the Aggregation Wizard to tune it( turned on query tracking ), performance still seems somewhat poor.

For example I query for the top 10 clients by count or value and it will take approx 5mins.

Can anyone point me in the direction, of either what to try next or if you have any useful URLs where I can read up more on ASO cube tuning.

Thanks

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. ..a bit more detail - Bagpuss1969 on May 2, 8:51 AM
    1. Your answer will be to make the hierarchies STORED - DanP on May 2, 2:33 PM
      1. Re: ASO Tuning - Mike Murphy on May 2, 5:08 PM
        1. Or possibly no compression dimension - DanP on May 3, 1:33 PM

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

RSS feed for this forum - http://www.network54.com/Forum/58296?xml=rss. Please email hypess (at) gmail.com, if you have any questions/feedback/issues.