Essbase ResourceMay 30 2012 at 4:30 PM
No score for this post
from IP address 184.108.40.206
Question for everyone: Where are all the Essbase developers? We are trying to hire a fulltime Essbase developer in the Chicago area. We are offering a competitive compensation package and are receiving little to no activity. We are using multiple recruiters and have posted the jobs on all the major job sites (i.e. Dice, Indeed, Monster, etc.).
Why are we not getting any activity?
- Is the field so hot that there just aren't enough developers to go around?
- Or is Essbase on the way out and people just aren't getting trained?
- Or is consulting so good right now and paying so well that that people are not interested in fulltime positions? I always thought developers wanted a fulltime position to avoid the travel demands that usually come with a consulting gig.
I've been in the Hyperion world for 10+ years now and I just don't know what to make of it. Also if anyone knows of good recruiters in the Chicago area that specialize in Hyperion please let me know.
Obviously this is meant to be more of a discussion but if anyone is interested in finding more about the job please let me know.
Looking forward to Kscope.
- My Opinion - Jeff McAhren on May 30, 5:36 PM
- I feel your pain - Tim Faitsch on May 30, 8:52 PM
- Some Theories - Anonymous on May 31, 12:16 AM
- That's a good start - Tim Faitsch on May 31, 7:34 AM
- Ha! - Jeff McAhren on May 31, 9:19 AM
- Agree - Anonymous on May 31, 9:48 AM
- Re: Agree - Sean V on May 31, 10:36 AM
- Re: Some Theories - Anonymous on May 31, 8:59 AM
- RE: Some Theories - Tim Y on Jun 1, 2:30 PM
- Re: Essbase Resource - Gary Crisci on May 31, 5:55 PM
- Re: Essbase Resource - Anonymous on Jun 1, 10:26 AM
- Re: Essbase Resource - Anonymous on Jun 1, 1:57 PM
- Re: Essbase Resource - Jeff McAhren on Jun 1, 3:27 PM
- Re: Essbase Resource - Tim Faitsch on Jun 1, 4:20 PM
- Re: Essbase Resource - Gary Crisci on Jun 4, 3:24 PM
- You havent mentioned your contact details. I am interested. - Anonymus on Jun 1, 3:13 PM
- contact info - Anonymous on Jun 5, 11:54 AM
- RE: Essbase Resource - Tim Y on Jun 5, 8:32 AM
- Re: RE: Essbase Resource - Anonymous on Jun 5, 9:58 AM
- The challenge - John A. Booth on Jun 5, 12:24 PM
- thats funny stuff... - jimbocovert on Jun 24, 2:11 PM
- Re: thats funny stuff... - Tim Faitsch on Jun 25, 11:24 AM
- Re: thats funny stuff... - Jeff McAhren on Jun 25, 3:31 PM
- always in the space - jimbocovert on Jun 25, 9:10 PM